“Nice Hotel Great Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #35 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Memphis, TN
“Nice Hotel Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

I stayed at the JW in Buckhead for business. Just one night. The one thing that stands out above all other hotels where I have stayed for business is the absolute courtesy and friendliness of the staff. I couldn't get over the sincere welcoming of the staff from everyone that I encountered. A welcomed and refreshing change.

The rooms are nice size and nicely updated. It reminded me of a Hyatt hotel. I did order room service and while the menu did not quite lend itself to healthy choices, I did get the free range chicken over black beans and it was really good. I was also impressed with the wine list for room service, which usually isn't great. I recommend the Froghorn Sangiovesee. Yummmy.

I also ate at the breakfast buffet in the Grill on the Second floor. It was really good although service lacked a bit. Had to ask for coffee and water refills 2xs and they weren't really busy - I mean it is a buffet after all. Great selection and eggs made to order.

Overall great hotel, great rooms, good room service (although took almost 1 hr). The only negative is the price. I thought it was comparable to the Hyatt in Buckhead but pricier. However, it is connected to a mall.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Hoek van Holland, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stayed for one night at the JW Marriott and it was great. The staff at the reception desk were very friendly and helpful. Valet was great.
Our room was spacious, very clean and quiet. We loved the bathroom. Spacious, clean and the shower was great. I want that bathroom in our apartment :-)
The bed was wonderful, big and comfortable. We had a good night sleep.
Dinner and breakfast in the Nox Creek Southern Grill was wonderful!

If we'll come back to Buckhead, we will, without a doubt, come back to the JW Marriott!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

There are some special rates available for this hotel: for an extra $3 (over the best available rate), I received a $25 American Express gift card, a $50-for-$25 coupon for dining at various nearby restaurants, and a 10% discount card at Macy’s. Now that’s what I call a deal!

Location is great, especially if you like shopping. A nearby MARTA station (NE7 Lenox) makes getting around a snap. There’s a Hertz office right in the hotel (near self-parking); I just dropped my car off there and took the train directly to the airport, which was very convenient.

In the Business Center there is free printing. The Internet connection in my room was reliable and zippy. The AC was silent and effective at cooling the room.

The décor is what you’d expect from a JW Marriott – beautiful marble, tasteful lighting, an extremely comfortable bed. The hotel seemed exceptionally clean, even outside at the entryway. My room had a nifty view of downtown Atlanta.

Service was generally excellent. I became quite sick during my stay, and all the staff – the concierge especially – were very resourceful & hospitable, finding me a doctor, making sure that my laundry got done before I went to the next step of my journey, etc. Room service was tasty; notably, they serve Perrier-Jouet champagne in a split.

Overall, I’d recommend this hotel, especially for avid shoppers & people wanting an easy (and cheap!) ride to the airport. Check for special package rates; though you have to pick up the $25 AMEX card at Lenox Mall, it’s good anywhere.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Best hotel in Atlanta! Everything was top-notch, and no extra charge for late check-out. Walking distance from local eateries & nightlife...

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Aundrea C
Jonesboro, AR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Yes, the service was great and yes it is a 4 star hotel and YES you PAY for every penny of it, I will just say, I was disappointed because of the misleading of the wording of the description. I don't travel a lot but I assume a hotel like this would provide some amenities, like wireless internet, or maybe a hair dryer. Didn't miss the hair dryer much, but wasn't about to pay $12.95 a night for wireless service in my room. That is ridiculous. Bed was fantastic. Water pressure very poor - and not much hot water when sharing with all the other occupants. Food was good (but also quite costly). Service very friendly and helpful. I don't have a problem with Hispanic employees but they might need to learn some English, so they can communicate with the occupants of the room. An awesome mall is attached, so if you are without a car, you can access almost everything easily. Be aware that there are several Marriotts in the Atlanta area including one right across the street from this one??

Room Tip: Just remember you pay extra for everything else.