“Middle of the Road”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Middle of the Road”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Let me first start of by saying that this hotel had the best employees. Everyone working there was so nice and helpful. Every morning you would get a hello, how can I help you etc., Very beautiful lobby and perfect location to shopping. What I think needs to be changed starts at the registration. I specicially asked when researving my room did this hotel have any extra fees other than the ones being quoted. I was told No. I specifically said that I would be paying with a debit card and I was told I would be fine. To my dismay after checking in I checked my bank account to see where the hotel charged me $100.00 for "incidentals" because I used my debit card. To be frank I also showed my ID so clearly the card was mine. None the less the hotel would not budge and I was upset. Later that evening I went to use the bathroom in my room only to find hair in the toilet. Gross! The shower was not cleaned very well either. I also thought the beds were lumpy. The hotel in general in the meeting rooms needed to be updated. Thankfully I had a short stay so I was happy. I would like to say that Bruce who is an employee there went out of his way to help me find transportation and I followed up with me. I really liked how he went above and beyond.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Night one I was put in a room with a constant dull ringing noise. I asked to change rooms and am now in a room that drops my cell calls unless I stand by the window. I am a Verizon customer so this very rarely happens. Currently, I am listening to the television of the people in the next room as if it were in my own room. I will definitely not be getting a lot of work done tonight. As if this all isn't enough, I kid you not, I was stuck in their elevator going up and down between 25 floors for 30 minutes before they could get me out yesterday morning. I think it's safe to say I will NEVER come here again, and am seriously debating checking out early.

• Stayed March 2012
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2012

From the moment you drive up the attentive staff was friendly and helpful. Assisted us in finding the best route to the ACC basketball championships. Changed rooms for us without any questions. Provided excellent local driving in their Escalade (especially James). This is a very valuable asset as they will take you free of charge to any of the local areas, especially restaurants in Buckhead which have little or no parking.
Room-wise ask for an even numbered room on a higher floor as they look south and give you a magnificent view of the Atlanta skyline.
Nox Grille provides surprisingly good hotel food with friendly wait staff, a good option if you do not want to leave for dinner.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 12 March 2012

From taking a look at their website, I was really looking forward to my stay. Once there, my expectations were not met. Check in was sooo slow and then we had to wait for our rooms to be ready! And we got there AFTER check in time. I went with eleven other ladies and we had three rooms, so we had planned on four women to a room. We had requested in advance for rooms next to one another, but this didn't happen. In fact, one room happened to be on a completely different floor and when upon entering it we found out it was a king sized bed! We had to wait even longer for them to get us a room with two beds. Thank God for the bar downstairs, at least it kept us a little happy while we waited.

The rooms were decent enough, but for the price we were paying, I had expected something a little nicer. The breakfast buffet was nice and yummy, but way too expensive. The bartender at the bar downstairs was very nice and they had a great selection there. In fact, that was the best part of our stay.

This hotel was booked because of its location, with 12 women on a shopping trip we didn't want to have to constantly get into cars and have to follow one another around Atlanta (which we aren't too comfortable driving in) to go to different shops and restaurants and then back to the hotel. So the only reason why this hotel gets three stars from me is because of the convenience of it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 12 March 2012

While ideally located - DONT use points for stay. While at most Marriotts & using points (as a platinum member), breakfast, parking and other perks are included. Not this Marriott, u are basically treated as a freeloader. Couldnt even get a cup of coffee. I will not be staying at this property again. Poor mgmt followup to issues.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family