“Comfortable” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #122 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Shanghai, China
“Comfortable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

We arrived from a long distance flight from Asia (Shanghai) & have checked in an efficient manner from the front desk staff. The front desk – “Gigi”, managed our requests in a professional and friendly way which was appreciated by our group. We have been booked into comfortable rooms. Although the rooms are a little small, they have all the comforts needed for people on business trips, the location is ideal those attending the exhibition centre. It’s nice to share when expectations are met!

Room Tip: Don't book a room facing the road, traffic!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DavidSales, Manager at The Inn at Centennial Park, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed your experience. Yes, we love GiGi as well. She is one of the many amazing guest service representatives here at the hotel. Thanks again, hope to see you again soon!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Thai first
Suffolk, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The Holiday Inn Downtown is a very affordable compromise in an excellent location. It is a three-block walk from the Peachtree Center MARTA station, so you can save on cab fare from the Airport. It is a block from Olympic Park and walking distance to the Georgia World Conference Center, Georgia Dome, Phillips Center, World of Coca Cola, Georgia Aquarium, and the large hotels that cater to conferences (Hyatt, Hilton, Westin, the Marriott Marquis, etc.) Casual dining is available three blocks away at the huge food court at Peachtree Center. The room itself was clean - nothing fancy. Mine was small but not cramped - for one. If my wife was traveling with me, we might be tripping over each other, but that was not the case.) Wireless internet was complementary and fairly reliable. (Streaming movies was only a bit of a chore.) You'll find a flat screen TV, clock radio, and hair dryer in your room. No refrigerator. No microwave. The bed featured both "firm" and "soft" pillows - clearly marked. (I didn't particularly care for either, but that is personal preference.) The citrus mint soap they feature in the bathrooms was very nice and housekeeping replaced the bars with fresh soap daily. Towels were soft and clean. The bed was comfortable but I wish there was an extra blanket in the room. (I did not ask the staff if they could provide one.) They say they have a fitness center in the lower level - I could not find it but didn't look very hard. Parking is valet only. The Seasons restaurant / lounge in the lobby is decent. I would not go out of my way to dine there, but the food is reasonably priced, the selection is good, and the service is friendly. The draft beers are served in generous glasses. There is no complimentary continental breakfast as you might find at other hotels (although I did not see any such service at other hotels in downtown Atlanta.) I would stay there again if traveling on business. If I wanted to impress someone with magnificent hotel architecture and sexy lobby appointments, I'd stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Some street noise on lower floors.
2 Thank DocChesapeake
DavidSales, Director of Sales at The Inn at Centennial Park, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Downtown Atlanta and thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our guest amenities. The next time you are here please try the fitness center, it is on the lower level past the guest restrooms. Our hotel is the perfect location for the value minded traveler whether on business or pleasure with great guest amenities. We love our staff and again are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope that you will stay with us again when in Atlanta.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I had the opportunity to stay here while on business in Atlanta. The location was excellent...10 min from my client and a great location in downtown. They do, however, need to work on the details. The "blanket" on the bed was barely a blanket at all. It was about the weight of a sheet, just a different material. I imagine it was a summer weight covering. The morning after a cold sleep I asked the front desk to please have a regular blanket or comforter placed in my room while I was away at work. When I returned in the afternoon nothing had been put in the room. I had to ask a second time when I went downstairs for dinner, and this time they did put a light weight, but regular, blanket in the room. The next day I had to ask to have more toilet paper placed in the bathroom as the housekeeping staff did not replenish during their daily cleaning. This should be done as a matter of course, not something a guest should have to ask to have done. During my stay they had a group of 60+ high school students on an outing check in. They allowed them to park their bus and offload their luggage under the canopy (weather was fine by the way), which effectively blocked anyone else from being able to approach. This would have been fine except the hotel only offers valet parking, and I had to wait for 15 min in line while the are cleared enough to approach the valet attendant. If they had had them pull forward 50 feet this would not have been an issue.

The hotel itself is fine, and the price was certainly right for a downtown location. The killer here is in the details - they need to work more with their staff.

1 Thank Software_PM
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Centennial Park, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Software_PM,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns via Tripadvisor. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at the hotel, I would like to thank you for providing your feedback. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

This is a great location for walking to all of the main attractions(ga aquarium, Olympic park, coca cola, etc). BUT the rooms are extremely small. They first put us in a queen bed only room after stating over and over we had 4 in our party and needed the two doubles. The room was EXTREMELY small. We then moved to two doubles and although it was a little larger, still too small for 2 adults and 2 small children. We used points so I can't complain of price, but if we'd of paid I would have been upset. Oh and I would not eat the food they put put, as there were many flies entrapped in plastic wrap that was used to cover food.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DavidSales, Director of Sales at The Inn at Centennial Park, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Thank you for being a Priority Club member as well. I am glad to know that our staff was able to get you in a large room that was better suited for your party. I am sorry that you felt our rooms we not up to par. Hopefully we will see you again when you are in Atlanta. I apologize for any challenges you might have had in our dining areas as we have very high food quality standards. Thank you for letting us know and we will definitely address it with our staff. Thanks again for your review.
Minneapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel on a Sunday night. The valet was very busy due to the concert at Phillips Arena, but made sure we didn't have to wait very long to take our car. He was extremely polite and gracious. The front desk staff was EXCELLENT. They really were great about helping us navigate our surroundings, getting us our rooms and offering a few extra amenities as I am a Priority Club member. The room was updated, the bathroom was clean and the air con worked fine. WIFI connection was easy. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a downtown hotel in ATL.

Room Tip: Don't go to the Hooters 1 block up on Peachtree. The place is awful. The breakfast in the hote...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Backstreets1250
DavidSales, Director of Sales at The Inn at Centennial Park, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel! We always enjoy hearing good news from our guests. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We know we have the best staff in Atlanta and love it even more when our guests agree. We hope to see you again when you are back in Atlanta!