Underground Atlanta - CLOSED

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

I was so excited to take my family to the underground only to find out once we arrived that there aren’t a lot of shops in the area anymore. The area is filled with homeless people and it doesn’t seem safe. I was disappointed and on my way back to our hotel I asked a police officer and he informed me that the underground was sold by the state of Georgia and the contractor that purchase the property hasn’t started construction yet but it’s planning on building apartment buildings and will have store fronts for retail space.

Date of experience: December 2017
20  Thank Glowee
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

The place is completely shut down and being torn down but Google still shows it open and so does trip advisor..we even went in nearly empty parking garage and got a ticket but nothing was there..we did not have to pay parking thank goodness. Someone needs to let it be known that it doesn't exist any longer

Date of experience: December 2017
22  Thank Chrissti R
Reviewed 28 October 2017

Place is pretty much closed down. Few shops open kinda a scary place. Who ever said this is a "Must see!" must be joking. Wasted $3 on parking.

Date of experience: October 2017
10  Thank randym722
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I was looking forward to another visit to Underground Atlanta. It’s been over 18 years since my last visit and I wanted to do a little shopping before heading home. The only shops that are opened and accessible are on the street level. Underground Atlanta needs to update its website, there is no mention the lower level is completely closed.

Date of experience: October 2017
10  Thank chantayea
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went to a concert last night at Masquerade. We expected that we would be able to get something to eat beforehand. We walked all around Underground and there is nothing there...literally NOTHING but Masquerade. I don't know where people were who wrote recent reviews because every store, restaurant, club, bar or whatever that had been there is gone. The mall areas were all locked up. It's very, very sad. That being said the concert at Masquerade was awesome and the venue while not top notch was perfect for who we saw.

Date of experience: September 2017