Underground Atlanta - CLOSED

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Went to Underground Atlanta for the last Peach drop during new year. It was a lot of fun with a concert and lot of festivity in the air. There are lot of good restaurants and pubs nearby and shopping avenue as well. However, I have heard that the quality used to be better before, not sure what it was like

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank SerendipityIndia
Reviewed 29 August 2017

While this is a fun place, my group didn't want to linger here so we left after 30 minutes. It has a variety of shops and eating places.

Date of experience: April 2017
2  Thank travelvaluetours
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Love it !! Lot of shops everyone I met was nice lot of history !! If you want to get out of the house

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Went there with not so high expectations given the reviews I had read, and they were right. This is not at all an attractive shopping complex. Everything there looks and feels abandoned and not well maintained. For instance, I was thirsty and took a bottle of ‘ice cold water’ from an automaton, and the water was just extremely hot. I read that the complex has been closed this month (August 2017) for renovations, which seems a very good idea. Hopefully it will be more worth a visit afterwards.

Date of experience: July 2017
2  Thank mathiasdebrouwer
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

I came here about 15 years ago. It was such a unique experience and I just loved it! My 7 year old daughter was really wanting to come so she could go underground since I had told her all about it. We get to the entrance and first thing I notice is the waterfall at the entrance is dried up...once underground there are 3 stores selling old, faded junk. There is a Subway and one other place in the "food court". We followed the signs to the Alley for restaurants...we turned around when we saw a gang of people in the alley wearing black lingerie. I am not a prude but good Lord - these were not the people you'd want to see in lingerie, and this was 1:00 PM...not a.m. We left after that. Needless to say we were all bummed. Such a shame. Great place that really needs revitalized.

Date of experience: August 2017