“Girls' Getaway Weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Columbia, South Carolina
“Girls' Getaway Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

A girlfriend and I went on the Atlanta Perennial Association's Garden tour and decided to make a spa weekend out of it. We chose Mansion on Peachtree and were not disappointed. We stayed in room 1502 with two double beds. The room was comfortable and had nice views. I would have loved to get a room with a window tub, but they had none, although they were willing to give us a free upgrade, so be sure to ask for that! The hotel was very quiet and relaxing, but our main mission was to relax at the spa. As soon as we arrived we went straight there. I had a french manicure, which was very well done. I'm rough on my nails, and five days later, as I write this, they look great! My friend had a massage and pedicure that she was very happy with. We sat in the whirlpool, steam room and sauna and enjoyed $20 hamburgers on the outdoor terrace. There are a couple things I think they could do to improve this spa. The relaxation room was open with no door, and the hairdryers were loud. The whirlpool and pool needed a good scrub. And to get to the pool from the spa, you have to go out to the spa lobby, get on an elevator, and ride it down 3 floors to the pool. I love it when hotels have a hot tub by the pool, and this establishment did not have that. BUT, you could walk outside the pool to the terrace and enjoy the views of the hotel's lovely English garden. Also, it's nice that the spa is available free to hotel guests even if they don't book treatments, and I spent many hours there just relaxing and enjoying the amenities. I also enjoyed the spa showers - they provided facial cleanser (which was actually a menthol scrub that you don't want to get in your eyes!), shaving cream, shampoo, conditioner, and body wash along with free razors. The only other thing I missed that I enjoy at other spas is scented ice washcloths. The bottom line is, despite these areas for room for improvement, I would highly recommend this place for a girls' spa weekend! It's affordable if you share a room with a double bed - we had tons of room. The turn down service at night was a nice touch with a floor mat and slippers provided. Just be sure to bring your own refreshments - as with most places, the in room goody bar was expensive - $5 for a mini bottle of soda!!! The beds were beyond wonderful with pillowtop mattresses and clean white duvets.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rachelsstudio_com
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

We stayed here when it was still the Mansion and loved it. The staff was fantastic, the rooms modern and relaxing, and the food was great. There was a lot within walking distance and we were given great advice about what to visit. Having stayed at the Ritz down the street earlier in the month, I recommend the Mansion without reservation.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brad H
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

Stayed here 3 weeks ago as when it was still Mansion on Peachtree. Very nice property and I would definitely stay here again. I would give this a 4.5 but can't so i will round this review up to a 5.

I found a good rate on hotels.com for about $215 nightly and found it was well worth it. The room was very nice but the bathroom was the stunner! It was very roomy and has everything you need!

The location was great and you can walk right to the MARTA in 2 minutes to get around atlanta if need be. CLose to a lot of bars and malls of course Buckhead is the place to be.

The staff was great as we had a lot of interaction with the bar staff and they make a great specialty drink!!! Good food and bar nuts!! We were there for the Braves vs Brewers opening day game in ATL and we made it on TV and some of the staff even recognized us.

Thanks to all the staff for a great stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank stoutman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

The hotel was a Rosewood when we checked in and a Mandarin Oriental when we checked out. there will be obvious changes in the property, generally always positive when there is high end rebranding. We like the rooms and service, also there is valet limo service to nearby restaurants and shopping.

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Frogocean
LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

It's been years since I've bothered to post a review, but when you have an outstanding stay it deserves a write-up.

I booked the trip through expedia and mentioned in the comments that we were there to celebrate a friend's 40th birthday. The hotel manager took the time to pen a note expressing birthday wishes accompanied by a personalized cupcake. Both were unexpected and my friend was delighted by the gesture. One just does not expect this level of hospitality anymore.

I've stayed in high end hotels on both coasts and Vegas and it comes as a small surprise to me that the warmest and most sincere service I've ever received winds up being in Atlanta. From the bell service, valets (one in particular who was chastised by a picky child bent on opening his own door and he took it in stride), cleaning service, check in, spa and hotel manager. Each used every interaction with us to greet us by name and/or with warmth to ask if we needed anything.

The room was perfectly sized, turndown beautifully done. Beds were quite comfortable. Spa service excellent as well, we both got facials. I appreciated that the aesthetician did not do a hard sell on products but offered general advice about my skin and then discused product. Part of facial included hand massage which by itself was almost worth the fee. I'm looking forward to see if the new owners - Mandarin Oriental - make any changes to it since they are known for their spas. Nice extras would have been rosemary essence in steam room and a cool plunge bath, but still a 4.5 star experience.

Overall, the hotel is outstanding on service, and the amentities are excellent (pool, spa, workout facilities). Though the price is high, you do get what you pay for. I'll be back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends