Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmansion on peachtreeenglish gardenhouse cardel friscosterrace suitedouble sinkssoaking tubroom servicecar serviceturn down servicefive star hotelsteam roomthe ritzbeautiful hotelpleasure of stayinglenox squarefour seasons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Stayed here 3 weeks ago as when it was still Mansion on Peachtree. Very nice property and I would definitely stay here again. I would give this a 4.5 but can't so i will round this review up to a 5.

I found a good rate on hotels.com for about $215 nightly and found it was well worth it. The room was very nice but the bathroom was the stunner! It was very roomy and has everything you need!

The location was great and you can walk right to the MARTA in 2 minutes to get around atlanta if need be. CLose to a lot of bars and malls of course Buckhead is the place to be.

The staff was great as we had a lot of interaction with the bar staff and they make a great specialty drink!!! Good food and bar nuts!! We were there for the Braves vs Brewers opening day game in ATL and we made it on TV and some of the staff even recognized us.

Thanks to all the staff for a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank stoutman
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The hotel was a Rosewood when we checked in and a Mandarin Oriental when we checked out. there will be obvious changes in the property, generally always positive when there is high end rebranding. We like the rooms and service, also there is valet limo service to nearby restaurants and shopping.

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Frogocean
Reviewed 30 April 2012

It's been years since I've bothered to post a review, but when you have an outstanding stay it deserves a write-up.

I booked the trip through expedia and mentioned in the comments that we were there to celebrate a friend's 40th birthday. The hotel manager took the time to pen a note expressing birthday wishes accompanied by a personalized cupcake. Both were unexpected and my friend was delighted by the gesture. One just does not expect this level of hospitality anymore.

I've stayed in high end hotels on both coasts and Vegas and it comes as a small surprise to me that the warmest and most sincere service I've ever received winds up being in Atlanta. From the bell service, valets (one in particular who was chastised by a picky child bent on opening his own door and he took it in stride), cleaning service, check in, spa and hotel manager. Each used every interaction with us to greet us by name and/or with warmth to ask if we needed anything.

The room was perfectly sized, turndown beautifully done. Beds were quite comfortable. Spa service excellent as well, we both got facials. I appreciated that the aesthetician did not do a hard sell on products but offered general advice about my skin and then discused product. Part of facial included hand massage which by itself was almost worth the fee. I'm looking forward to see if the new owners - Mandarin Oriental - make any changes to it since they are known for their spas. Nice extras would have been rosemary essence in steam room and a cool plunge bath, but still a 4.5 star experience.

Overall, the hotel is outstanding on service, and the amentities are excellent (pool, spa, workout facilities). Though the price is high, you do get what you pay for. I'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank yytravels
Reviewed 26 April 2012

1st Rate all the way -- we stayed in a double balcony suite, # 614, which has an ideal floor plan complete with every imaginable amenity. We opted for room service, which was served with all the "bells and whistles." We were so satisfied with our stay that we never even checked out the lobby or other hotel facilities. The hotel is very impressive and the staff is over the top. It is not a cheap venture but although eye-watering expensive, it is a bargain for what you get. Great place to make memories...

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank JuanitaMobile
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Stayed over Christmas week and although I paid full rate it was incredible. The main reason I went was all the reviews and just now I see that they just received the Travelers' Choice Award 2012 from Trip Advisor. They do deserve it as I give 5 Stars. Staff was great and the facilities tremendous. I used the indoor pool everyday and had two massages while I was there. The entire hotel is impeccable. Like I mentioned earlier I paid a full rate but felt it was well worth it. I imagine if you can get a discounted rate in off season the value would be 10 star.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank PDLon72
ManagerRosewood, Managing Director at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

You are truly appreciated for this fabulous review. It is comments like this that give our team the desire and incentive to make every guest's visit extra special. Thank you for sharing your opinion with TripAdvisor and please return again soon and often.

Mica Hill, Managing Director