“Exceptional - service and attention to detail”

Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta
Ranked #1 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
LA
“Exceptional - service and attention to detail”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

It's been years since I've bothered to post a review, but when you have an outstanding stay it deserves a write-up.

I booked the trip through expedia and mentioned in the comments that we were there to celebrate a friend's 40th birthday. The hotel manager took the time to pen a note expressing birthday wishes accompanied by a personalized cupcake. Both were unexpected and my friend was delighted by the gesture. One just does not expect this level of hospitality anymore.

I've stayed in high end hotels on both coasts and Vegas and it comes as a small surprise to me that the warmest and most sincere service I've ever received winds up being in Atlanta. From the bell service, valets (one in particular who was chastised by a picky child bent on opening his own door and he took it in stride), cleaning service, check in, spa and hotel manager. Each used every interaction with us to greet us by name and/or with warmth to ask if we needed anything.

The room was perfectly sized, turndown beautifully done. Beds were quite comfortable. Spa service excellent as well, we both got facials. I appreciated that the aesthetician did not do a hard sell on products but offered general advice about my skin and then discused product. Part of facial included hand massage which by itself was almost worth the fee. I'm looking forward to see if the new owners - Mandarin Oriental - make any changes to it since they are known for their spas. Nice extras would have been rosemary essence in steam room and a cool plunge bath, but still a 4.5 star experience.

Overall, the hotel is outstanding on service, and the amentities are excellent (pool, spa, workout facilities). Though the price is high, you do get what you pay for. I'll be back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank yytravels
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 26 April 2012

1st Rate all the way -- we stayed in a double balcony suite, # 614, which has an ideal floor plan complete with every imaginable amenity. We opted for room service, which was served with all the "bells and whistles." We were so satisfied with our stay that we never even checked out the lobby or other hotel facilities. The hotel is very impressive and the staff is over the top. It is not a cheap venture but although eye-watering expensive, it is a bargain for what you get. Great place to make memories...

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank JuanitaMobile
London
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Stayed over Christmas week and although I paid full rate it was incredible. The main reason I went was all the reviews and just now I see that they just received the Travelers' Choice Award 2012 from Trip Advisor. They do deserve it as I give 5 Stars. Staff was great and the facilities tremendous. I used the indoor pool everyday and had two massages while I was there. The entire hotel is impeccable. Like I mentioned earlier I paid a full rate but felt it was well worth it. I imagine if you can get a discounted rate in off season the value would be 10 star.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank PDLon72
ManagerRosewood, Managing Director at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
You are truly appreciated for this fabulous review. It is comments like this that give our team the desire and incentive to make every guest's visit extra special. Thank you for sharing your opinion with TripAdvisor and please return again soon and often.

Mica Hill, Managing Director
Atlanta
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We stayed at the Mansion the night of our wedding and had a wonderful time. The hotel staff was exceptionally friendly and went out of their way to make sure our stay was special. I would highly recommend the Mansion to anyone looking to be pampered in a central Buckhead location.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Congratulations on your marriage and thank you for allowing us to be a part of such a memorable experience. We especially love to be a part of special occasions and making them super exciting. Hopefully we will be welcoming you back again soon and often. Thank you and again, congratulations and best wishes for a lifetime of happiness.

Mica Hill, Managing Director
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband took us here for our anniversary. What a wonderful surprise. Everything from the front desk staff, to the beds to the bathrooms was wonderful. I would def stay here again. If your looking for luxury and comfort, this is your place.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple