A gift to ourselves this Christmas was an extended stay at the Jackson House Inn over the New Year's weekend. Having stayed there in 2004 and deeming it the perfection by which we have judged all other inns and bed & breakfasts since, we were eager to return for some rest, relaxation, and to re-live our prior experience while sharing it with another couple of our closest friends. Little did we know how our expectations would be so shattered, in an unbelievable way. The inn has undergone an amazing transformation that doesn't strip it of any character or charm, but adds great warmth and welcomeness that make what was before, now incredible. Each evening ends in plush bedroom suites, cozy bathrobobes, warm fires, and comfortable beds with the highest quality bed linens. Each day starts in the dining room by the fireplace with post card views of the property and mountains. Kathy's warm smile, warm coffee, and fresh juice make you feel welcome and a treasured friend. Rick is the master of the kitchen and caring about his food. As a classically trained chef, I am admittedly picky with quality of food, but abhor pretension. Rick served up our two course breakfast each day with the freshest, quality, and tested ingredients all sourced locally. He has an obvious passion for great food and sharing it which lovingly shows in the creative recipes, all delicious, and deserving of awards. Kathy was impeccable in her suggestions and recommendations in the area. She was our unofficial tour guide and event planner in one; helping us plan our day and getting the most out of the quaint town of Woodstock and beautiful Vermont. They both love what they do and are truly gracious hosts. This inn is not just under new management but has been re-made into, for me, a piece of heaven, my bliss. I promise and cannot wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jackson House Inn offers refined relaxation surrounded by the beauty of Vermont. Just outside the village of Woodstock, our property is perfect for a private romantic getaway or a chance to reconnect with friends. 6 one-room suites with fireplaces and 5 classic bedrooms blend history with modern conveniences - all with an en-suite private bathroom with shower (some with massage tubs), WIFI, in-room controlled air conditioning/heating, most with HD television service. Locally-sourced, organic products are featured in a memorable multi-course full breakfast served at individual tables in our dining room, and non-alcoholic hot and cold beverages are available at all times. Wines, beers and spirits are available in the late afternoon/early evening. Stroll three acres of grounds including a freshwater pond and perennial gardens or gaze at the landscape from patios, balconies and chairs on the lawn. In colder months, a floor-to-ceiling woodburning fireplace burns during breakfast and the evening hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Jackson House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jackson House Hotel Woodstock
- Jackson House Inn Woodstock, Vermont