“Great Small Hotel!”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Woodstock
Jupiter, Florida
“Great Small Hotel!”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Stayed at this very nice small hotel over the Holidays when skiing at Killington. We wanted to avoid the hectic mountainside nightlife -- and the Kedron Inn fit the bill perfectly. Very nice rooms seemed to be newly renovated, and a excellent and atmospheric Tavern which I previously reviewed were highlights. More of a small hotel than an "Inn". The people were very nice and the breakfasts each morning were excellent. We will use the Kedron as our base in Woodstock from now on.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
New York, NY
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We had a truly peaceful three day weekend at the Kedron Valley Inn. Our room was perfect and included comfortable large bed, jacuzzi, fireplace and nice views. The staff was a delight and attended to every single question and interest. The manager Wendy is great, lively and informative, helping with all our questions about various attractions and dining possibilities. Dinner in the pub itself was delicious, with a natural Vermont fireplace setting. Our server and careful bartender gave us exactly what we wanted, and the surprisingly good wine list availed us of the perfect accompaniment to our meals. We'll be recommending this inn highly to our friends who prefer a real Inn to those other Woodstock lodgings, and we will return again and again in the cold and in warmer weather too.

Room Tip: Be specific in your requirements and staff will guide you very well.
1 Thank CompJB
West Caldwell, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This bed & breakfast has no cell phone service (only wifi), so it forces you to just relax. The accomodations are great and the daily breakfast (included in the room rate) is outstanding! The inn also has pet friendly room accomodations. Just a short drive to Woodstock, VT, which is a great NE town.

We plan to make this a bi-annual trip!

Room Tip: They have adirondack style rooms with the exposed logs and fireplace in the back....very quiet and a...
1 Thank JackiePeteNJ
Brattleboro, Vermont
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Booked the room over the phone, it was suggested by the Woodstock Inn that had no rooms available ( we had a gift certificate there). After I booked at Kedron I checked more thoroughly on the internet and discovered a special that included dinner for the price of the room. When I arrived I asked the young woman at the desk if we could take advantage of the special. She politely started to respond and out of the woodwork came the Inn manager who was so rude and abrupt in her response of "No" and quickly left. I was shocked at such curtness! Trust me I understand the trials of Innkeepers as I live in Vt and have friends who own Inns. But she was so rude I was stunned. The next day she was friendly and I only regret that I did not say something but she put a definite damper on what would have been a lovely getaway. So for that I will not return or recommend to my friends.
However the breakfast cook was a complete delight!

Room Tip: The rooms with fireplaces were spacious and lovely
7 Thank SusieVermont
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I'm almost reluctant to post this, because I don't want there to ever be an issue when the Kedron Valley Inn becomes so popular that it would be next to impossible to book a room here - the "secret" may just get out now! But the proprietors of this place deserve the accolades, so I'm happy to report that my husband and I had a wonderful Presidents' Day weekend here (our first stay, sight unseen, other than via the internet) - way beyond our expectations. The staff were as friendly, accommodating, and helpful as could be. The buffet breakfasts, hot and delicious, with many homemade treats. Coffee and tea were always available in the main house. Our room was wonderful, in the separate Tavern House - two floors - the upper floor was the main sleeping/sitting area, with a fireplace that we used both nights of our stay. The king bed was very comfortable, with super-soft bedding and pillows. The clean, well-appointed bathroom was on the lower floor, as well as a twin bed which we didn't need this time, but will certainly be great for future trips with our adult son or a guest. A well-stocked, classic Vermont general store is right next door, and it's a short ride (ten minutes) to the charming town of Woodstock. I looked at some other inns nearby (went into them) for comparison's sake and had absolutely no regrets about deciding upon the Kedron Valley. We will definitely be back. Thank you to all of the staff for a marvelous weekend!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple