“Too bad so rude for a beautiful room” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kedron Valley Inn

Kedron Valley Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Woodstock
Brattleboro, Vermont
“Too bad so rude for a beautiful room”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Booked the room over the phone, it was suggested by the Woodstock Inn that had no rooms available ( we had a gift certificate there). After I booked at Kedron I checked more thoroughly on the internet and discovered a special that included dinner for the price of the room. When I arrived I asked the young woman at the desk if we could take advantage of the special. She politely started to respond and out of the woodwork came the Inn manager who was so rude and abrupt in her response of "No" and quickly left. I was shocked at such curtness! Trust me I understand the trials of Innkeepers as I live in Vt and have friends who own Inns. But she was so rude I was stunned. The next day she was friendly and I only regret that I did not say something but she put a definite damper on what would have been a lovely getaway. So for that I will not return or recommend to my friends.
However the breakfast cook was a complete delight!

Room Tip: The rooms with fireplaces were spacious and lovely
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank SusieVermont
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I'm almost reluctant to post this, because I don't want there to ever be an issue when the Kedron Valley Inn becomes so popular that it would be next to impossible to book a room here - the "secret" may just get out now! But the proprietors of this place deserve the accolades, so I'm happy to report that my husband and I had a wonderful Presidents' Day weekend here (our first stay, sight unseen, other than via the internet) - way beyond our expectations. The staff were as friendly, accommodating, and helpful as could be. The buffet breakfasts, hot and delicious, with many homemade treats. Coffee and tea were always available in the main house. Our room was wonderful, in the separate Tavern House - two floors - the upper floor was the main sleeping/sitting area, with a fireplace that we used both nights of our stay. The king bed was very comfortable, with super-soft bedding and pillows. The clean, well-appointed bathroom was on the lower floor, as well as a twin bed which we didn't need this time, but will certainly be great for future trips with our adult son or a guest. A well-stocked, classic Vermont general store is right next door, and it's a short ride (ten minutes) to the charming town of Woodstock. I looked at some other inns nearby (went into them) for comparison's sake and had absolutely no regrets about deciding upon the Kedron Valley. We will definitely be back. Thank you to all of the staff for a marvelous weekend!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amy46325
Providence, RI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Returned to Woodstock and Kedron Inn this winter. Impressed with progress the new owners have made fixing up the rooms -- our room had a completely new bathroom, new carpet, flat screen TV, new paint job. Kedron is just outside of Woodstock, town is about a 10 minute drive or so. We also ate in the Kedron's fine Tavern style restaurant, enjoyed a good meal. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bbwpvd
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

The owner, Wendy, was so rude to me when trying to book a reservation - totally unwilling to discuss accomodations that might meet my need better - that I decided to stay somewhere else or not take the trip altogether. Incidentally I stayed there in 2009 and I enjoyed it but these new owners had just taken over, the restaurant was not open (even though the inn was full) and the room we were in was very shabby as another reviewer said. These people just don't care about their customers and that is the plain truth.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Kathryn C
Holderness, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

The Kedron Valley Inn is located in a lovely Vermont village; has a restaurant with a wonderful ambiance serving exceptional quality dinners; rooms are lovely, with working fireplaces (wood floors without dated rugs would perfect the romantic feel); and support staff are attentive, kind and accomodating.The breakfast, cooked to order, was wonderful (and the cook/server went out of her way to insure that the guests were pleased). The inn's package, including dinner, an upgraded room and breakfast provides a wonderful and reasonable way to experience the best of this wonderful Vermont inn. MLF, Holderness, NH

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple