Priceline
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 July 2016

This property is almost new as of july 2016, and it seems they are building more of it. The current guest rooms area is (almost) finished, but outside there's construction work going. But for the price I've paid, I got what I expected, and even more.

So,
On the upside:
+ The owners, the young couple who runs the place, were very friendly and helpful.
+ It is a beautiful building - this is not in the style of traditional Maramures houses, but it's modern and tastefully decorated both inside and out. I don't think you can find anything prettier at this price.
+ My breakfast omelette, toast and tea were delicious.
+ Free Wi-Fi at good speed and HD television.
+ Nice terrace outside, perfect for spending the evening or for having breakfast.
+ Large restaurant, which I think can also hold events.

On the downside:
again, it's clear that the property is still expanding and improving, but as of today:
- no air conditioning, and only a pivot window in the roof which didn't open much and which let all the burning afternoon sun onto my bed. It was very hot. Also no insect screen, and no vents at all in the bathroom.
- a minus on the cleanliness; overall it was clean, but the trash bin was half full when I arrived, there was some dirt on the shower and sink taps, and some stains in the bed sheet.
- a bit noisy since it's not actually in the city, but on the outskirts, near a busy main road. and the walls inside are pretty thin too.

But I do belive that after they will complete all their expansion plans, and add the finishing touches, this will be a great guest house.

Date of stay: July 2016