“A great evening”

Os Americano's
Ranked #1 of 156 Restaurants in Peniche
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I visited here with 3 friends. The wine choices are local which is what I like to see in a small restaurant. I had the soup of the day to start followed by the pigs in blankets. For the main I had the catch of the day which was grilled perfectly. I finished off with a nice bit of cheese cake with a nice port.

The American twist on a Portuguese menu you was very well delivered and the staff were very amusing. Highly recommend eating here to escape the copy and paste seafood restaurants in the area. All in all a very reasonable price for the enjoyment you will have here.

1  Thank Alex G

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

The evening was perfect: food, wine and the people running the restaurant. We enjoyed our stay and highly recommend to spend an evening there.

1  Thank Arthur W
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Before I go anywhere I always read the reviews thoroughly! This was our first time in Europe and I did an extensive amount of research from best places to stay, best landmarks to visit and of course best places to eat. Everything we did was anything short of amazing! Especially this quant family owned restaurant! From the warm welcome and customer service to the AMAZING foods! My personal favorites were the baculau and the carrot cake reminded me of a good home cooked meal. If you are ever in the area of Peniché I highly recommend this hidden gem!

2  Thank Shalina B
Reviewed 17 December 2017

They do great honest food here. as well as a great selection of wine and other beverages ,The owners are extremely friendly and welcoming as were the staff i met.We could have sat there all night and pretty much did.Fantastic evening.Cheers.If your in Peniche this is were to go.

1  Thank JBOY1969
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Found this restaurant by recommendation on TripAdvisor as we were visiting Peniche. We were not disappointed. The owners of the restaurant are Paul and his wife who is the chef. They have moved back to the family home from New York - hence the name of the restaurant. They pride themselves on providing quality food which brings out the best in the fresh local produce. The menu isn’t extensive but provides enough choice to satisfy most palates. For starters we had mushrooms stuffed with 3 different cheeses and herbs, peppers stuffed with minced chicken and pumpkin soup - all delicious. Main courses were a delicious and generous sirloin steak served with a chopped pepper and tomato dressing, a huge chunk of beautifully cooked local cod accompanied with baby potatoes and seasonal veg, and finally a chicken cordon bleu served with risotto rice. We were pretty full by this stage but couldn’t resist the temptation of the New York Cheesecake served with a confit of local red berries. Very friendly and cosy place - thoroughly recommended.

2  Thank Eamonn K