“decided not to stay this hotel” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Manassas

Candlewood Suites Manassas
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Manassas
Jersey City, New Jersey
“decided not to stay this hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I though batter than other hotel in Manassas, because this hotel is newest hotel in Manassas. I was wrong, hotel room is small, bed wasn’t comfort, pillow neither and toilet was clocked. I have call 5 times to front desk no answer then I give up and decided not to stay this hotel any more.

Room Tip: Not to stay
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
mikep870,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Atlanta Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

I travel about once a month for business, and 2-4 times a year for vacation. Lots of times I stay at Holiday Inns to get my priority club reward points but the one in Manassas was full. This time I chose the Candlewood Suites after the Holiday Inn reservations agent told me that this is part of the same brand and also offers the same points. I wish that every town had one of these hotels. It had a Great bed, really nice towels, flat screen tv and plenty of space. The particular room I stayed in had a separate bedroom area and also a kitchen, which we took advantage of. The location was easily accessible also, as this was right off I-66 so it was an easy drive.

Room Tip: It is worth it to pay the extra cost to get the one bedroom suite. It was only $20 more on the nigh...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

I've been here a few times and found it to be pleasant. I've had clean rooms and no issues with anything. Front desk was friendly and fast regardless of what time I checked in.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
jdnnyc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

Front desk staff proudly told us this was the newest hotel in Manassas (as of Fall, 2011). While that may be true, it left us second-guessing the claim after checking-in to the room.

The rooms were as advertised; small kitchenette with basics included like a couple of small pots and plastic food storage containers. Microwave, stove top and fridge all worked well.

Beds are quite uncomfortable and are supposedly queen sized, although we learned they were more like a double. The televisions worked poorly and the sound would not go above a low medium, impossible to hear if you have the air or heat on. When we asked the front desk if they could remedy this so that we could watch television, we were told that we'd have to ask the manager for the "code" to extended the sound volume, but that the manager was away until the following Monday!! Okay, no television for us, unless we wanted to pull a chair up close to the TV and keep the air off.

The sink was backed up upon check-in but upon informing the front desk, maintenance was sent that afternoon and the problem remedied quickly.

Room service is only ONCE PER WEEK! You're welcome to bring your dirty, wet towels and rags to the front desk (gross and sort of embarrassing) but don't expect your room cleaned or freshened up every day or every three or four days. We were told we could get the room tidied-up after the third day, but housekeeping never made an appearance.

Bathroom walls were stained and while the front desk staff were friendly, they never seemed to be there.

Overall, not the best hotel stay experience, even for a simple hotel. We aren't demanding people and normally I never see the front desk of a hotel after I check in. But come on. Poorly operating televisions, having to schlepp dirty towels down the hall to "exchange", blocked sinks, absent staff? Come on guys, I know you can do better!

Room Tip: Rooms to the north and/or on the east side of the building should be the most quiet. Pick room 101 o...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HikerBikerMaine
Jackson MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

The staff provided excellent friendly service. The room was good sized with a full closet. The most noteworthy thing about the room is the kitchenette. I needed a room with a kitchen because I had a baby and needed a place to keep and warm up her milk/food. I also wanted to note that the room had a safe. I was in town for a wedding at Foxchase Manor reception hall, so I had brought some expensive jewelry with me so it gave me a place to store my valuables. All in all a good stay and I would stay again if I was ever in the area again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family