2,233 results
All reviewsrooftop barthe busindoor poolbar staffplenty of choiceresidential areagames roompacked lunchsoupentertainment every nightolder peoplesea frontbit datedall inclusive packageblue lagoonfussy eaterevery evening
Reviewed 19 April 2018

Well, really don't know WHAT to say. Other than, I was glad to leave.
I paid 60€ for a double room incl. breakfast and evening meal. And I got just that.
So from a price perspective, you cannot complain.
Other than that a 5 or 7 day stay is more than sufficient.
Breakfast was quite, evening meal - the cakes are good. The cooked meals, well, ok, you can get filled up. What's left will be used for starters for the next day. One day they had fresh muscles. Oh well, cook, they are supposed to be cleaned !!! before you steam them. That includes taking off spittle or slobber (or whatever it's called). They just cooked/steamed them without even cleaning the muscles. That gives you an idea of the quality of their "chef".
Rooms..... oh lol. well.. you could hear the guy next door fart.Lighting was pitiful, weird cabling dangling off the corner in a ceiling with some weird board, chair very severely, problem with water pressure (wash basin) and water temperature at shower and turned way too hot or very little pressure. Beds were OK.
I really disliked being lied to my face by the lady receptionist (middle aged with dark shoulder long hair) who told me in the face I could not change room because they were fully booked. Blatant lie since I instantly connected to booking / tripadvisor and both had rooms you could book right when she told me they were full and they could not change me. That was pretty stupid!

Stayed: April 2018
2  Thank BerlinTravelNow
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Soreda is a very nice, well-equipped hotel not far from the main tourist attractions in Buggiba and Qawra. Everything would be OK if they did not rate themselves 4* hotel. From the quality of service point of view, they deserve no more than 3 *.
Here are a few points they definitely need the improvement.
1. All inclusive - there were no snacks between meals, no ice cream available for kids.
2. Food and drink - nice choice of buffet style dining, however, you could easily see that many dishes were made from leftovers from other days. No self-service of drinks, you had to ask the waiter every time when you want a bottle of water or glass of wine.
3. Reception - as soon as I arrived in my room I noticed that the TV is not working. It was on the evening of Champions League quarterfinals so wanted to watch the game.When I contacted the reception I was told that there is only one person on duty and he was not allowed to leave the reception so I had to wait until the next day for the repair. Unfortunately, I think he forgot to pass this message on the morning shift as the TV was not fixed for the whole duration of my stay.
4. Swimming pool - unbelievably dirty plastic drain edges and tiles. You could easily see the water level marks. I jumped out of the pool faster than I jumped in.
5. Bathroom - very old in desperate need of refurbishment
6. Hot water - no hot water for over two days, no any information or apology from the hotel management
7. Late check-out - I was told I could use this service but had to move to the different room. For me, the whole idea of being able to check out late is to not have to pack up twice. Also, the room I was put in has not been in use for a long time as the water taps were so corroded that the water was running brown for more than an hour before it started to clear. I was not able to use the shower because of that at all.

On the positive side, the hotel has a great gym facility and very good Wi-Fi.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank bubuds
alan b, Manager at Soreda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

We would like to inform you that we do not rate ourselves and we leave the rating to competent people.
Our All Inclusive serves snacks from the bar and ice cream in available everyday day during dinner both for kids and adults.
The Hotel caters for various types of board basis and that is why the restaurant cannot be self service, on the other hand we provide bottles of water and wine and not glasses.
Regarding the Tv we had 2 venues showing the Champions league. So even if there was an issue with the Tv, we made sure that you had a place to watch the game.
Our swimming pool does not have edges as the water overflows on a ceramic coping. we treat the pools at a minimum of 3 times per day and all is logged to assure the best quality of the water.
The furnishings might be a matter of liking but we can assure everyone that our bathrooms are all up to standard and with all the facilities that are required by a 4 Star Hotel.
When we do either forced of planned Maintenance, we always do notices in all the elevators and in all prominent areas for everyone to see. We always take precautions and we make various tests on the water to make sure that we provide a good service.
We offer another room as the one you had was allocated to an other arrival. We could had said no to your request, but we opted to offer another room which you accepted.

All in all we try all our utmost to provide the best service to all our Esteemed Guests.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Could not fault the Hotel at all. Staff 1st Class.Especially The Barstaff. Great value for the money.Would recommend to anyone as it’s a central location, 5 mins walk from the main bus station. Only downside would be the immediate area. Very rough and readyish.

Room Tip: Cleaned and left spotless every day.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
2  Thank MrRoyan
Reviewed 11 April 2018

We stayed for a week at the start of April. The hotel is spotlessly clean in all areas and our room was cleaned to a very high standard every day. On check I found the reception desk staff uninterested and almost surly. The only other dealings wee had with them was when we requested an additional pillow and was told we would get one the next day. We requested this around 6pm so not sure why we had to wait until the next day.
The staff working the bar were all very pleasant and hard working. The range and quality of drinks more than met our needs. The restaurant to us was a bit hit and miss. Breakfast was always fine, though I did only have tea and toast but others ate a full breakfast and we're happy with it. The range of salads on offer at both lunch and dinner were very disappointing and did not look fresh at all. There was no grilled fish or meat on offer at all during our whole stay everything was in sauces. We could usually find something to eat but it was more a case of that will do rather than what we wanted. As a whole we found the staff in the restaurant rude and unhelpful. The exception to this were Victor and Ahmed who went out of there way to say hello and help whenever they could.
The roof terrace was fantastic and the perfect place to relax and catch the sun.
If you are expecting cordon bleu food then this is not the place for you. If I returned to this hotel I would only stay B & B

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Sharon L
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Just been to Malta for a week and was booked into this hotel. Holiday did not start off well as we were delayed for nearly 4 hours because of snow, so instead of arriving at 1415 we arrived at 6.30pm and then had over an hour getting through passport control!
Eventually arrived at the hotel around 7.15, met at the reception by the night porter who was more interested in giving current residents their keys rather than seeing to us, eventually got round to processing us, paid the tax which was 7 Euros for two for the week, he then explained about the 'facilities' of the hotel, and suggested we go straight to evening meal as it was due to finish at 9pm, this after being told they had to sort the rooms due to some mis-communication from the travel agents. Wanted 2 rooms one for two adults the other room one for 2 adults, one child aged 5 and a cot for the other child aged 2 yrs, nothing complicated about that but it was to them. Decided to go to the rooms first and freshen up, so proceeded. The two rooms were spacious, clean and tidy, and after removing the cot from one room into the other the rooms were sorted, a quick wash and brush up and then went for the evening meal.
Now I can seriously say that this hotel might be a '4 star' in Malta but would probably be a 2 or 3 star in the UK, facilities are there is an indoor swimming pool, heated, a Jacuzzi, on the lower ground floor, a Gym but beware it is not included in your package so if you want to use it, you have to pay. There are no children facilities apart from opposite the reception area an play area with the balls and a couple of climbing bits, which cost 5 Euros per hour for a maximum of 3 hours. A terrace pool is on the top floor (9th) which is very nice, albeit the water was freezing. There is also another pool area, there are two bar areas, and you can order drinks when you have your meals, we did not experience any delays in getting our drinks as was reported previously on Trip Advisor. The food is very good although getting it can be tricky and there is not much room to get served, i.e. a little 'corridor' where everyone is going to and fro, there is 'entertainment' on every night, not our sort of entertainment so we gave it a miss, but would suit some people. Rooms are cleaned every day and beds made. There is no beach near the hotel if is definitely a bus trip to find one, and overall not a holiday place for children.
It is a very noisy hotel, especially if you are on the 1st floor facing the road (do not get room 113), I complained one morning to reception about the noise at 4.30 in the morning, when I had to get out of bed, open the veranda doors and shout shut up to the 'foreign' chatter that was going on, only to be told you should have telephoned reception, they have security - I replied what is the point when the noise is coming from both indoors and outdoors!!
If you want to explore the Island then I would suggest not going to the nearest bus stop which is around the corner from the hotel and down a steep hill, but to proceed to Buggibba bus station where you have a better chance of getting onto a bus in the first place and getting a seat (if you are lucky to be near the front of the queue!)
Hotel is not set in the most glamourous of places either, weather was starting to get warmer, around low 20s which was pleasant.
Not the best hotel I have stayed at but I suppose it sufficed.

Stayed: April 2018