2,035 results
All reviewsbus stationsoupsbudget hotelbad reviewsplenty of choicesea frontpromenade
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Don't judge this hotel by it's star rating but by the price you pay. The staff were good and friendly, the rooms clean and functional although they could do with a makeover. The bed was comfortable and mattresses were new but the bedspreads were dated. The restaurant has been refurbed and re-opened whilst we were there and in turn the food improved with each day both for dinner and breakfast. The carvery on one night was excellent. Overall a fairish 3 star hotel in an excellent location just needing a bit of updating. Entertainment was OK but more suited to a retired clientele.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the back of the hotel overlooking the road as the balcony will not get any sun.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank betty_tours
Reviewed 10 November 2012

We have just returned from a week here, having stayed here before we wernt too concerned about it but cannot believe any of the poor reviews, I don't understand why people seem to go on holiday to find things to complain about by the sound of things. The staff are more than helpful I didn't meet a rude or unhelpful staff member all week and if there is a problem I'm sure it would be sorted out quickly without the need to be rude to staff like I saw a couple of times, if you are going here and are worried about the negative reviews don't be it is a nice clean hotel with nice food in the restaurant, good maid service and reception staff and good bar service so what more could you ask for, all the good reviews are justified and the poor ones are I think for the most part are just people looking to complain as I said I'm sure a problem would be sorted without any need to complain

• Stayed: November 2012
5  Thank craigg106
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I have to agree with the review given by William H. As soon as you enter it was like going back to my childhood ie the late 60s and early 70s with plastic flowers in grubby vases and a great big sign displaying a 4* grading, goodness knows who awarded this! We had paid for a 'superior' room but were made to stay our first night in a dirty room with no shower gel, the fridge had been removed and everything about the whole hotel was tired and dated. It was as if the hotel had never been updated since its building. We went half board but the quality of the food was so poor that (after one night) we ate out each night in a different restaurant which enhanced our stay. The restaurant is self service and the food is what I would expect to be served in a poor care home. It is overcrowded so it's difficult to reach the buffet counters (if you're going to eat here grab a table near the outside. Everything in the hotel is an extra, you have to pay to get a remote control for the TV which is 15" and circa 1985 and they only have 2 English channels - CNN and SKY News. They put a useless film on at 7pm each night on Channel 10 - the time everyone goes to dinner, where's the forethought in that? You have to pay for tea and coffee in your room (in a 4 star?). Towels for the pool are available for hire at 6 Euros but in the neighbouring shops you can buy one for 3!
The roof spa was covered over and the main pool appeared dirty and dated.
I have no complaints about the staff, they work very hard in depressing conditions and keep a cheerful attitude about them but sadly they can't enhance the hotel and its facilities.
Personally I feel this hotel needs a total overhaul but even if this is carried out I won't be going back to see how it turns out.

Room Tip: I'm afraid I can't recommend this hotel at all.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Duncan R
Reviewed 6 November 2012

This Canifor Hotel masquerade as a 4 star Hotel no way lucky to be 2 and a half star, when we booked we paid extra for a superior room but on arrival the reception new nothing about this and we were given a small room untill morning and then changed to a larger room over looking the pool the only extras were tea coffee kettle and an iron and ironing board, the room was cleaned each day but the towels were out of the ark very old and thred bear they had seen better days.
The food was only sometimes o'k but mostly not so good if you like cheap cerials very streacky bacon for breakfast and if you wanted fruit you had to pay extra.
This Hotel is in a back Street not shown on the photographs and the pool has a large brick wall not shown, We will never again visit this Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank William H
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Well, first of all I must say that this is not a 4 star hotel and I would not give it more than 2 and a half stars. When we arrived we were put in a very small corner room with the bathroom ceiling which had fallen down,they put us in another room which was a good size. When it was time to go to bed we pulled back the sheetsand they were dirty and had long black hairs in between the sheets, we complained and eventually they were changed. We had great big ants in our room that only seemed to show themselves in the evening, we did report it several times but nothing seemed to be done about it. Now the food, we were all inclusive, breakfast was the same every day horrible bacon, sausage, fried egg, poached egg and baked beans. Cold. Sometimes lunch and dinner was ok but never very hot. Entertainment was ok for the Maltese and the over 70's. I would never stay in this hotel again although the staff was very nice and helpful. We stayed at the Meleiha bay hotel a 4 star a few years ago and it was superb. You could not make any comparisons between the two. Very small swimming pool and the spa bath on the roof terrace was not working at all.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very small,
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple