All reviews building work manager simon sea view the bus the general manager building site sea front good size quiet area hotel manager stayed on a half board basis yogurt indoor pool small hotel cold meats three choices bars and restaurants
Reviewed 12 December 2017

This hotel is rated with 4 stars, but I would rate it as a 2 or 3 star hotel. But I will base my opinion as a 4 star hotel.
The location is ok, within walking distance to most things.For families it is too far to the beach. Parking is available in the street most of the time.
The check-in was fast and efficient.
The rooms are quite large, some with a sea view. The beds are hard. The bath room sometimes smells like sewage.
The wi-fi works sometimes.Very irritating. Only one person was able to fix it (see below).
The breakfast is ok. Nothing more or less. Please throw out the coffee machines. The coffee is horrible.
The dinner is also ok. It is buffet style. What is good is that a bottle of wine or other drinks is included in the price (15 euros).
The rooms are very clean, but please throw out the worn out carpet in the corridors. They are dirty and worn out.
The indoor swimming pool is a joke. It is more like a tub on the top floor. I doubt anybody uses it.
The best with this hotel is the staff . Very service minded. I would like to especially thank the following people:
Andrea, the night receptionist, who changed our double room to a twin room without any trouble.
Yvette, the house keeper and cleaner, who made our room very clean early in the morning.
Sanja, waitress and extra receptionist, for being the only person in the hotel to be able to fix the Internet connection.

Room Tip: Top floors more quiet
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Per-Olov L
Reviewed 10 December 2017

We have been to this hotel for quite a few times. The rooms are impecccably clean and the breakfast is more than enough. The pool is also quite large and the staff are very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to all those who would like to spend a week in Summer or a short break in Winter.

Room Tip: Pool view is excellent
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank johnchilton65
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I had a warm welcome and very pleasant stay. The room was big with a good view and a balcony. I loved the size and comfort of the bed. Also had a bath wich i enjoyed very much. The harbour boat tour in the night was wonderful.

Thank you Simon!

Kind regards Jakomiena

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Jakomiena W
Reviewed 8 November 2017

This was my first visit to Malta and I'm sure it will not be the last. From the moment I arrived I was given such a warm and friendly welcome by Simon, the hotel manager and his wonderful staff. They made me feel so welcomed and at home and that was how the rest of my stay continued. Nothing was too much trouble and everything was done with a friendly smile. It made you feel more like a family member than a hotel guest. My bedroom was large, airy and spacious with wonderful views over the sea and St Paul's Island and the bed was really comfortable. The food was delicious, the buffet breakfast was plentiful with everything from croissants to cereals, various cooked items to continental, with a full range of different types of bread through to muffins and the coffee was excellent too! The choices for the evening meals during my stay was fairly comprehensive with plenty of different cuisines from around the world, including Indian, Chinese, Arabic, Maltese, Italian and English. I have to say the fish dishes were cooked to perfection! They also serve a very good wine list choice with dinner. There is a cosy Bar area if you want to relax with an after-dinner drink or a coffee and a chat with other guests. There was plenty to do during the day with trips to places of interest all over the Island, with coaches or mini busses picking up guests from just outside the hotel, and dropping them off later on during the day. You can sail around the coast of Malta and get to the Islands of Comino and Gozo by boat too. If you want to know anything about places of interest or to visit then the girls on the reception desk are brilliant, they are a mine of information and knowledge! On my last morning, whilest waiting for my taxi to the airport, every member of staff I saw came to say goodbye and it made me feel I was leaving family and friends rather than leaving a hotel. I am definitely returning to Malta and especially to Il Palazzin Hotel and I cannot wait!

Room Tip: If it gets a bit to warm during the day then go and sit out on the balcony as a cool breeze comes of the sea in the afternoon!
Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank susannebwales
Reviewed 7 November 2017

I cannot imagine why the hotel has 4 stars, but it was the first time for me in Malta, so surpise!
It has really old furniture, old equipments in the room and bathroom, old carpets on the hotel halls. In the nearby, there are construction works, not very noisy, but anyway...My room was quite big and it had a balcony with a nice view. There is no carpet in the rooms, and you can always feel a bizzare smell if you do not open the door/window.
In the room, we received 2 teabags, 2 instant coffee bags, 2 small soaps, 2 shower caps (just once). There was shower-gel in the bath-tub.
They cleaned the room everyday.
We payed 4€ per room for eco-tax.
The hotel is situated near 2 bus-stops (Arznel and Bugibba terminal) and near the sea-shore, in a quiet area.
We had breakfast included. The plates and cups were poorly cleaned. They served English breakfast, fresh fruits and vegetables, yoghurt, salami, cheese, different types of bread, croissants, cakes, pastizzi. Tea, coffee, butter, chocolate cream were all low quality. They did not forget though the tip box.
Dinner was 15€ per person and included a bottle of wine per room. We did not try it.
The personnel at the reception was so-so.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family