Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Trip.com
eDreams
6,008 results
All reviews tagine kosy bar main restaurant cafe maroc infinity pool sky bar animation team gueliz restaurant pirate ship the bus indian restaurant choice of restaurants sea view lovely hotel kids club main pool evening entertainment
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 September 2021 via mobile

Can I start by saying how really nice the Maltese people are and especially so in the hotel
We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and we’re upgraded to a suite which was really comfortable.

Fantastic sea views and the added bonus of a roof top adults only pool and bar area

Food was good, typical AI but there are four restaurants you can also book into

Due to Covid you have to book every meal on the app or a computer system in the reception area but it’s quite easy to do and if you’re not very IT lots of people to help you

The front of the hotel is in quite a narrow busy street and the bus terminal about 5 mins walk, only used to go to Valletta and to be honest wish we had booked a cab

At Paul’s Bay isn’t what I expected it to be to be honest and it some areas you may think Beirut is
More appealing

Would I come back, no but would highly recommend this hotel to anybody

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank rowlas02
dbSanAntonioHotel Malta, Other at db San Antonio Hotel + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2021

Dear rowlas02,

We are delighted to read that your experience at db San Antonio Hotel + Spa has been a pleasant one especially on your anniversary

The management is pleased to read that you found our staff as well as the Maltese very helpful too.

We do our utmost to achieve and improve quality service on an everyday basis.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for future bookings.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2021

I stayed at the db San Antonio at the end of the summer holidays for 7 nights, on an all inclusive basis.
My first impressions were good when greeted at reception by a very pleasant lady. She told us our room was ready despite us being 1 & 1/2hrs earlier than checkin time which was a relief, given we been travelling since 5am. She explained all the basics to us and gave us directions to our room.
Now… the room! We were shoved in a room overlooking a bus station that seemed very isolated away from the rest of the hotel. The noise early morning woke us up at 7am (6am British time) not what you want when being on a relaxing holiday! The walls were paper thin and we could hear every movement, toilet flushing and shower from the neighbouring rooms either side. The room was ‘cleaned’ each day but really just a quick make of the bed and the bin emptied. The floor I don’t think was mopped or brushed for the week we were there. Beds were hard but I don’t mind a firmer mattress in all honesty.
I did feel disappointed by the rooms overall and the fact we were supplied with one warm bottle of water each for the week just wasn’t good enough. I ended up buying bottles from the vending machine for €2 each just to have a cold drink next to the bed of a night.

Moving on to the pool area. I only visited the adults only pool once on the roof top as it was almost impossible to find a sun lounger. Now I don’t know if it gets anyone else’s back up but when people reserve sunbeds and are absent for most of the day, it’s just selfish and I don’t know why the hotel allow it. For that reason we spent the rest of the holiday by the main pool as we managed to get a sunbed there no problem regardless of what time of day you went. The pool was pretty packed and I felt it was just not a big enough pool for the size of the hotel and amount of guests staying. Overall the pool area was fine, plenty of sunbeds and shade for those who need a break from the sun. I did start to feel abit irritated by the men collecting the cups as you no sooner put it down with a mouthful left still in it and they’re asking are you finished or simply moving sunbeds out the way to reach down next to you to get it, often startling us when we were dozing in the sun.

The bars were never too busy to get a drink and you were served within a minute or so at most. The cups supplied for drinks are like thimbles that they don’t even fill to the top so I’d suggest getting 2 drinks at a time save getting up and down by the minutes to get another. One thing I did notice was how ridiculously drunk one young guest got to the point he couldn’t stand straight and was shouting/falling all over the place yet they continued to serve him. I’m all for having a good time but I was actually worried for him given all rooms have balconies and the pool areas not manned after certain hours. I just found it irresponsible to keep serving this young man when it was clear how drunk he was.

Lastly, the food… now this was with out a doubt the worst part for me. The first night we booked in and all I can say is YUK! Barely any choice and what I did get (curry) was like water on the plate. You know when something knocks you sick that much you just can’t face going back? Well that’s what happened, I couldn’t bare the thought of eating there after that night and so ate out for the rest of our holiday. I couldn’t even bring myself to go down for breakfast or lunch because I wanted to be sick every-time I thought of that meal on the first night. A waste of an all inclusive that’s all I can say. The only benefit of the AI for us was the drinks.

The surrounding area was ok, some nice parts and some not so nice. I don’t think I’d be in a rush to go back to Malta from what I seen of it but each time their own. I think if I did return then I would definitely choose a different hotel and not this one unfortunately

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Laura082021,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience in-person with us, and here online following your recent stay at db San Antonio Hotel + Spa.

Whilst we are pleased to read that your check in was fast and efficient we are disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations.

We allocate rooms depending on the booking, but it would have been greatly appreciated if you contacted Front Office who would have done their utmost to find you an alternative rooms depending on the availability on the day.

Upon check - in we place two bottles of water and guest are can refill the water from the water fountain available 24hours. We also provide company logo bottles from Cafe Maroc at a fee of €2.50. This encourages guest to reduce the use of plastic.

The management would like to re-assure that the person involved was dealt with separately, we asked the guest if he required medical assistance. We also contacted his family to help him back to the room.

Whilst we understand that the food was not to your satisfaction we certainly do not agree with you by claiming YUK. We serve almost 1000 guests daily and we did not have similar comments. If you informed reception about your illness we would have contacted a doctor for a medical visit.

Once again, I thank you for your feedback and I am very much hoping to be able to welcome you back to our resort sometime in the near future.

Email: jpisani@dbhotelsresorts.com

Reviewed 3 September 2021

This hotel is amazing!!! I don't normally write reviews but felt this hotel was so good I just had to say something

Rooms- The rooms are spacious, clean and beds very comfortable with great sized balconies. Cleaners do a fantastic job of the rooms and the corridors. Shower temperature is a little unpredictable can go hot and cold.

Pool area - Great pool for kids, nice and shallow so they can stand up with a deeper pool at one end. Yes they were busy but it was the summer holidays so I don't really know what else people expect in the middle of August. Loads of sunbeds available, although you do have to be up and ready to put your towel down at 8:15am (standard with most hotels I have been to). Two pool bars where you can get drinks and ice cream. There is no smoking around the pool area, however they do have several smoking areas away from the sunbeds for those who smoke. I cant comment on the roof top pool as I never went to it due to it being adults only, and I was travelling with a 9 year old.

Restaurants- Main restaurant has plenty of choice and is a served buffet. Three other speciality restaurants, Chinese on the roof top with the most spectacular views of the sunset, Salia and Italian which again has lovely views of the sea and is all table service, with more food than we could eat, and the last one is an Indian which also serves lovely food. You can use these a few times during your visit to the hotel free of charge.

Entertainment - Great professional shows every evening apart from a Tuesday when its the day off. Also mini disco with some restrictions due to COVID but well done to the entertainers for making it even possible. All the entertainers work hard and are friendly without being pushy to get your involved. The drinks were fine for All Inclusive too, local spirits and beer but all tasted fine. Yes there was a queue to get a drink but the bar staff worked really hard and you wasn't waiting long to get served.

Staff - The staff are lovely and cannot do enough for you with any queries you may have. Special mention to Jonathan, and Marco who helped us out in a difficult situation half way through our holiday - I cannot thank you enough for all you did you are both fantastic!! Also to Amelia on reception who is one of the most helpful people I have met.

Also it was my daughters birthday while away and we got back to the room after a day by the pool to find a lovely plate of doughnuts for her with Happy Birthday wrote in icing on the plate with a card from all the staff. Lovely touch and my daughter was made up.

This was one of the best hotels I have been too and I couldn't ask for more from the staff or the hotel.

I will be back in October half term with my family and cannot wait!!

For anyone giving this hotel a bad review I honestly do not know where they are staying - must be a completely different place to this hotel!!!!

1  Thank Vickiao86

Dear Vickiao86,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your warm and kind feedback after your recent visit at db San Antonio Hotel + Spa.

We hope that you had a chance to discover all new facilities and amenities offered and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are all delighted to read that you had an overall very nice experience. It is our pleasure to read that enjoyed our friendly staff, comfortable bedrooms, speciality restaurants and the entertainment.

It was our pleasure to treat your daughter on her birthday and a great pleasure having you as our guest and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon at the db San Antonio Hotel + Spa.

Reviewed 3 September 2021

Solid hotel given the challenges of covid

Obviously things like booking Breakfast and lunch in advance can be a pain as who knows in advance. Saying that its really only 8 to 9 breakfast hat seems to 'sell out'

Booking the evenings - at least for the specialty restaurants is great, and actually preferred for me.

A lot of people complain about it being busy - of course its busy, its the summer holidays. Its a great sign for tourism.

The main pool looked a bit chaotic for me, there also seems to be a lot of shade down there.

Upstairs pool is great, get there for 8:30 - 8:45 and you will get a bed no problem. get there for 8:20 and you will likely get any bed you want, facing the pool etc. this is not really early for some other hotels.

The beer is usually flat and clearly not what as advertised - but that is the same for most AI.

Cocktails very weak and sweet. In the day time atleast. Much better at night,

The rooftop bar is great, and doesnt feel like your in the hotel. on a few occasions, guests from other hotels could even be seen up there, paying for drinks.

Specialty restaurants all very good I thought, good variety. Salia is very good in terms of being waited on, and the atmos of sitting outside on the decking, they also do Pint Glasses and Carafes of Wine. Be good if all the special restaurants were like this

The main buffett was okay, like most AI hotels. Imagine it would be better when it is not an assisted buffett, but this is purely because of covid

Didnt bother with any of the entertainment etc.

Waiters in the bars would have been good, plenty of people collecting drinks. But then you need to queue at the bar (not a big queue admittedley) but waiters would be better, atleast in the roof top bar. It also makes sense to not have people queuing at the bar

Dear Gary B,

Greetings from db San Antonio Hotel + Spa.

Thank you for sparing your valuable time with sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and acknowledging so many positive elements about the Hotel.

We thank you for understanding that the hotel is busy during peak summer season. Our staff do their utmost to ensure that all guests enjoy their stay with us.

The management wish to clarify that the outsiders from other hotels are not allowed to make use of our premises, if you noticed different colours of the wrist band is because we have guests on Half Board basis. We do daily spot check and if we find guests wearing no wrist band we ask them to leave the premises.

We look forward to welcoming you back at your earliest opportunity.

Reviewed 3 September 2021

First of all this isn't a 4 star hotel it's more a 3 with a couple of extras added in. The rooms are OK but generally it's a bit tired. The food is poor with canteen style service in all but one restaurant and the drinks selection is extremely limited unless you're paying extra which you can do outside for a lot less money. The service is extremely slow too so you spend most of your time queuing up which makes the overall experience the least enjoyable part of the holiday. The attitude of the staff in the restaurants is quite frankly the worst I've had in years and I wouldn't come back here at all again.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear gm85887,

Thank your for taking the time to rate and review our resort.

We are sorry to hear that we failed in reaching your expectations.

All of our rooms have been refurbished during the hotel closure, we would appreciate if you can contact me directly and advise which area of the room looked tired so we can address it accordingly.

We offer a vast selection of food during breakfast, lunch afternoon snacks and dinner including 3 different speciality restaurants two of which you can book twice within the week. As for drinks we serve local wine, two types of beer Stella & Berlin, Soft drinks, Spirits and Cocktails. Branded spirits are at an extra cot of €1.00 per shot.

Regarding the serve we do our utmost to serve all guests within a respective time frame. Whilst we understand that the waiting time is slightly longer than previous we would like to bring to the attention that we are still serving buffet as requested by the Local Health Authorities.

We sincerely hope this will not keep you from returning and look forward to being able to welcome you back on a future visit. Please feel free to contact myself personally on jpisani@dbhotelsresorts.com