“Great Place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in St. Paul's Bay
Venice, Italy
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Stayed at Mavina Aparthotel for 2 weeks with a couple of friends. We had a great time. Rooms are basic but very clean.The locality is great, 2 minutes away from the bus station and the supermarket. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel's restaurant is very good too, delicious food and reasonably priced. The pool is gorgeous! Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I'd request a pool view for a quieter room!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
9 Thank S_17_12
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

For the money I paid I wasn't expecting much but I have to say I was more than happy with the accommodation offered. The Self Catering studio we had was perfect for our needs, a little tired but clean and well appointed with all the necessities.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful and the food available was reasonably priced and of good quality. We didn't use the pool (the sea is 5mins away) but it looked clean and well maintained.
The local bus "station" is 5 mins away, local supermarket 3 mins with plenty of bars and restaurants within strolling distance.
If I was going to nitpick I'd have preferred to have my linen and towels changed more frequently during my stay, something I'm sure they would have done if I asked.
Don't expect a wild night life in Bugibba/Qawra, its predominantly frequented by the ..er....older generation! But it is very relaxing, clean and friendly.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
15 Thank GMcL69
Portsmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

The staff were lovely, the room was minimalist but comfortable and had everything we needed for self catering, everything was clean although it did get hot at night we figured out to open the bathroom window, the balcony and turn on the celling fan at night. The loungers are 1 euro by the pool for all day and it only starts getting shadowy about 3pm. The Pool is gorgeously cool but a little salty. 3 minutes walk from Bus station, 10 walk from the square. We paid 54c from the bus station to Valletta and 1.16 to Vittorisa. Loads of restaurants and most have set menus that are between 11 euros and 16.50 (for the maltese menu). Trolleys supermarket was directly opposite and a top tip they do a wine (sweet and dry white and a red) for 1 euro 79 BRILLIANT. We were in B block overlooking the front of the hotel and were not disturbed at night by the bars, although that could have been the cheap wine, which was lovely! Must sees has got to be the drag queens in Watsons Bar, opposite Trolleys (although watch out for the cockroaches in the ladies) and Karaoke in Little Wasters (out of the main entrance of the hotel and turn right) or Innuendo (next to the hotel) or just sit and watch the world go by in Diana's bar or try the Chinese next door (lovely crispy beef). We are already planning to go back either 2012 or 2013 (we want to take me mum who'se slightly disabled so it takes a little more planning) but we have already told her we will be staying at the Mavina. Have a brilliant holiday, I most certainly did!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
11 Thank Lyne64
Huddersfield
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

We booked a self catering apartment and were given bottom floor. The rooms were awful, less than basic, poor decoration and standard of furniture, no air con and we had two small children. The pool was nice but sun loungers were charged DAILY!
Other rooms may have been better but I was in tears and rang the rep immediately. We were moved within an hour and had a lovely hotel we were happy with. I would not recommend the bottom floor apartment and would not return, ever!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank KatieMarsden

Travellers are raving about these St. Paul's Bay hotels

Gyor, Hungary
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2010

We stayed at Mavina with my husband for a week. It's a three star apartman hotel, but after my holiday I would withdraw at least one star from them. The apartement was clean but it was so hot in the room (even we had a fan) that we could hardly sleep and all the guests were saying the same. Some took the beds on the balcony to be able to sleep. The kitchen and bathroom window looked onto the ventillation pipe and the windows were open because of the hot weather. One day I found a cockroach running in the bathroom. At the reception they said that they will spray for us and said that we should close the window. They weren't surprised. Some refurbishment and air condition also needed. I never stay at four our five star hotels when I'm on holiday and I don't have high demands with the accomodation but the cockroach was too much for me.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
#6 of 16 in Qawra
Euroclub Hotel
Euroclub Hotel
#14 of 16 in Qawra

Been to Mavina Aparthotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK