Qawra Palace Hotel
Topaz Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 106
US$ 103
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Santana(St. Paul's Bay)
US$ 118
US$ 82
Dolmen Hotel Malta(St. Paul's Bay)
US$ 155
  • Beachfront
Primera Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
US$ 71
US$ 57
  • Restaurant
Gillieru Harbour Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
US$ 136
US$ 99
US$ 97
  • Pool
Salini Resort(St. Paul's Bay)
US$ 254
US$ 246
  • Breakfast included
Porto Azzurro(St. Paul's Bay)
HotelQuickly
  • Pool
San Pawl Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
2,965 results
All reviewsthe busa sea view roomcoffee shopplenty of choiceolder peoplebad reviewssea frontsoupsmeal timesgreat holidayentertainment every nightjust returned from a weekoutdoor poolwalk in showereach eveninglocal busescleaned every day
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Great holiday fantastic hotel very relaxing holiday room very clean beds sooooo comfy I wanted to take it home lol food very nice and lots to choose from staff helpful & polite we’ve enjoyed it so much we have booked again for later this year can’t wait to come back. Great hotel we have stayed at lots off different hotels but the qawra palace is the best everything is so laid back hotel is spotless smells great this hotel deserves 5 stars ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ not 4. Loved it thank u to all the staff C u all very soon. Carol & Barry kellett

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Carol K
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Hotel is getting some updating which is good. We stayed All inclusive, card system a bit annoying would be better with wrist bands. Food was great and the people in the hotel were amazing. I would happily stay here again. Bus Service good but busy but close to the bus terminal which is easier to catch one from. Malta is beautiful and Gozo a dream.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank 270kevin
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Just had a week here in April 2018. We had a sea view room at the front with half board.

I will start off with the bad things,
The hotel is a good 3* hotel. It is; as I write, getting some much needed TLC. The hotel was being painted during our trip as its a bit dated.. On our arrival we were told the rooms were not ready until 2pm and we must wait.. The lifts are very slow, if your on the first couple of floors its far quicker to use the stairs. The sea view rooms loose the sun after 12 noon, couple this with the sea breeze the balcony is very cold in the afternoon.. (in April)
The pool area is not the best its a little dated and a little tired and I didn't see many people using this facility. The inside pool and Jacuzzi were smelly, dirty and not very warm. Safes in rooms should be free.. In my opinion. The TV didn't work.

So on to the good bits..
The staff do a great job with the rooms they are cleaned daily with beds made and clean towels. The staff keep it very clean at all times.. In fact the whole hotel is very clean. The beds were very comfortable with clean sheets and pillow cases.
We had a working fridge (set to low) but it was good enough.
The bathroom was great all tiled clean and spacious.

Most of the staff are great and have a good relationship with guests. Reception desk people are fantastic, nothing is too much trouble for them, very impressed with them and they are very knowledgable about buses and the island.

The restaurant is a typical 4* , the food is good with a fantastic selection of everything. Soups, Salads, Meats, Sweets, Puddings, but only one fish selection each day. Breakfasts were full English with 3 types of egg, porridge, cereals, breads, cakes, yoghurts and fruits. Dinners were very good; never had the same meal twice, and never disappointed. Waiting staff very quick to clear tables and the drinks from the bar are good value for money.

In house entertainment was typical 4* stuff..

Local transport is great with a bus stop 20 yards from the hotel.. local transport is good.
watch out for the sightseeing buses, waste of money and time go by local transport much cheaper and you get more time to see sights. Gozo and Comino are a must.

So overall its a 4 from me. Sort the swimming pools out and it could be a 5.

Malta itself is a very poor country, it is run down, with many vacant plots. 9 out of 10 buildings are in need of renovation. The streets are weedy including the promenades. It has only one beach on the island, the rest is rock and concrete and the bays are imposable to swim in. I can find no redeeming features to Malta even the weather wasn't that good. Its a little like Lanzarote with the constant cold sea breeze. Thank god for Gozo and Comino.

Would I go back to this hotel, Yes.
Would I go back to Malta .... NO NEVER.

Room Tip: Sea view room can be noisy from the road below and loose sunlight in the afternoon
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Stubbsy1961
Reviewed 13 April 2018

cant complain about our stay. we went for a short 4 day trip and were more than satisfied with this hotel. staff were very helpful with any issues we had. food was fine nothing to shout about but what do you expect for the money you pay. there was choices for all taste buds and I have to admit this was the first place we had been than had a special table dedicated to gluten free food which was nice to see. hotel was nice and clean and rooms were well presented.

Room Tip: room 756 has a partical view of the sea and also close to the lift if you need to use it.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra H
Reviewed 13 April 2018

Amazing place, amazing location right by the sea, 20 minutes walk from Bugibba & short bus ride from lively shops & other parts of Malta. The staff at Qawra Palace Hotel were extremely helpful especially to my wheelchair bound brother. The people of Malta are very friendly & helpful. This hotel is especially goos if you want a relaxing holiday especially if you book a sea facing room which is a must if you want to start the day off with fantastic views. I was fortunate enough to have spent a week at this hotel with my brother & our wives & it was one of the most enjoyable & relaxing holiday I have ever taken. I did intend to return with my brother and our wives in 2018 but sadly my brother passed away early in January 2018. I will still return to this hotel but maybe in 2019 now. Thank you to the staff of Qawra Palace and all the people of Malta that we met who helped make my brother's last ever holiday a truly memorable experience.

Stayed: September 2017