Primera Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
US$ 97
  • Restaurant
Salini Resort(St. Paul's Bay)
US$ 343
US$ 193
  • Breakfast included
Gillieru Harbour Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
US$ 218
US$ 142
  • Restaurant
Hotel Santana(St. Paul's Bay)
US$ 159
US$ 86
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 109/night.

Porto Azzurro(St. Paul's Bay)
US$ 105
US$ 98
US$ 105
US$ 96
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 111/night.

Central Suites(St. Paul's Bay)
Agoda.com
Arzella Rooms(St. Paul's Bay)
Agoda.com
3,170 results
All reviewstemple barcafe delossea viewswim up barthe busprivate beachanimation teammain restaurantbig hotelindoor poolsea frontplenty of choicehalf boardbreakfast and dinnerthe air conditioninglarge balconytime share
Reviewed 19 April 2018

we both expected the dolmen to be great and a lot of it really was, at first it looked really modern nice and clean, the food was ok although I found an elastic band in my salad, the staff appolagised and put a bottle of wine in the room, we have just returned from a very cold Malta, one night we came back to the hotel, and the thermostat was tuned off, the room was freezing, with no spare bedding, I went downstairs and the reception said that they had complaints that it was too hot, I said then why the hell did you not show them how to work it, and this is a four star hotel, and we need the heating on, they never did one thing to put it right, and this made us have a very uncomfortable stay, the wind was howling around our room, I told them, we stayed from the 11th of April- 18th this year, the hotel was spotless staff very nice, like Danna on the restaurant desk, and Violetta waiting tables. always smiling and being helpful, but I thought that we should have had a choice of having the heating on.

Room Tip: choose a sea view
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brian6leighton
dolmenrh, Guest Relations Manager at Dolmen Hotel Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Dear brian6leighton,

First of all thank you for choosing the Dolmen Hotel for your recent vacation and for publishing your holiday experience review on Trip Advisor. I would like to thank you for your positive remarks about the modern rooms and the cleanliness in general. I am sorry to hear about the incident in the restaurant. We apologize for it, because these types of incidents should not happen at all, but I am pleased with the fast and efficient reaction of our staff. Thank you for mentioning our staff members by name. I will forward your kind comments to the persons concerned. In the meantime we have briefed the team of your comments regarding the heating issue.
I do wish I would have had the opportunity to talk to you during your stay. The issue about the heating could have been resolved, since our air-conditioning system is still set on heating.

Hopefully you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back for another great experience at the Dolmen.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

My room was on the second floor, a very comfortable one, beautifully cleaned and well-equipped. As I was on a business trip, I simply did not have time to take advantage of the sauna, massage,the swimming pool and the interesting programmes that are part of the wonderful services offered by the hotel. The food was really delicious and there was always a wide range of choice at breakfast. One evening my colleague and me tried a Swedish table dinner at the hotel which was also fantastic.The guy who was singing in the bar gave us unforgettable moments by his marvellous voice. Besides, all the stuff members we became acquainted with were always very helpful, smiley and kind.
A great THANK YOU for this amazing service.
Krisztina from Hungary

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank kk0l0nics
dolmenrh, Guest Relations Manager at Dolmen Hotel Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear kk0l0nics,

We are pleased to read you are completely satisfied with your visit at the Dolmen Hotel and we could tick all the boxes for you.
Thank you for your review and for sharing your recommendations with other reviewers. We are happy you were happy with your room in general and also the room service was mentioned from you in a very positive way. Thank you for pointing out the great variety during breakfast. Our daily entertainment in the evening at the Lobby , was also fully to your liking.
Pleasant staff is a very important factor for holiday makers and all pleasant guests are a breath of fresh air for staff and management alike.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here in March for a family getaway. The hotel is very big. The room was very big and clean. The restaurant was big and with a lot of choices. The only thing to complain about was the lack of a good cup of coffee. You had to go to the hotel bar and pay extra for an espresso or a cappuccino. The hotel breakfast included only machine coffee...

The indoor pool was clean and you could borrow towels. We didn't use the SPA or outdoor pools so I can't say anything about that.

The personell was helpful and serviceminded. I forgot my glasses in the room and they sent me them by post. I'm so happy about that!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
dolmenrh, Guest Relations Manager at Dolmen Hotel Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Enna844,

Thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to send us your comments about your recent stay at the Dolmen hotel. Thank you for mentioning our excellent members of staff, who always strive for outstanding customer service satisfaction.
We are glad to read, that you were happy with all the facilities our hotel has to offer. You also mentioned the good size of the room and our great housekeeping department. We will forward your kind remarks about the variety and choice in the restaurant to the kitchen chef and his Team.
Your appreciation about our extra service to post forgotten items to our guests is noted and we would like to thank you for that.

We are awaiting your return to the Dolmen hotel for another great experience with us in Malta.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

First impressions of hotel were very good. Beautiful reception area, light, open and modern. Staff were very welcoming and helpful. We had upgraded to a sea view room, which we got, but we also wanted a balcony. When we asked at reception they gave us an option of 2 rooms to choose from straight away, so very accommodating.

Breakfast staff are very efficient and quick at clearing and replenishing fresh food. A good variety of freshly cooked food was on offer everyday. Each day one counter made something new, e.g waffles, omelettes. Coffee not to my liking as out of a machine but the delos served a lovely coffee.

We didn't eat in the restaurant as only stayed B&B so can't comment on food. However we did eat in the in-house Delos bistro one night and the food was excellent. Service was brill, very friendly staff and food came out quickly. Reasonably priced too.

Rooms are a very good size, stayed in a double room, lots of storage areas and bathroom nice and roomy for 2 people. Rooms cleaned to a good standard everyday, towels changed too.
The whole hotel and outside areas are extremely clean, every morning I have seen multiple staff members cleaning all areas thoroughly.

For the use of spa facilities included in the price the spa is good. Only bad thing is the sauna is small (max 4 ppl) and no steam room. However not a massive issue as I would still come back. Didn't use the gym facilities, they looked very basic but a okay range with a view, nice bonus to have for free.

There are 3 decent sized pools (additional small baby pool) to use, loads of sun beds. We came in April so it was quiet but can imagine in summer time it gets busier.

The location of the hotel is excellent! I don't think you could get better in Bugibba/St. Paul's Bay. Right on sea front, 5 minute walk from the centre with multiple restaurants and bars and the other direction is the bus depot less than 5 minute walk away. We weren't here in peak season but even if we were I don't think noise from bars would be a problem.

Overall would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank emlou321
dolmenrh, Guest Relations Manager at Dolmen Hotel Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Dear emlou321,

Thank you very much for your review. Your feedback certainly helps us to improve our services, and will no doubt be of great help for future clients, to get a better idea on what to expect when booking our hotel. You pointed out the excellent cleanliness of the public areas and in the guest rooms. The variety during breakfast was described very detailed. Thank you for mentioning our great service in our a la carte restaurant Café Delos. We are particularly grateful for your motivating comments regarding the staff, and will pass on the kind words to the persons involved.

We are pleased to hear that you will be returning to the Dolmen and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel was clean and modern. The breakfast had a large variety and the staff accommodating in getting me milk to fill my baby’s bottles.

Had to change the room due to the first being tiny and not worth what I was paying. They changed our room on the second night.

Unfortunately they cleaned the window at 3am -5am one early morning which kept me up but that was compensated by free dinner at the hotels restaurant.

Had an issue with one of the cleaning staff (Josephine) who despite there being ample room in the lift didn’t want me to enter citing that it will cause the lift to breakdown. I entered anyway and upon exiting she said to other guests “these people don’t understand”. I asked her what she meant by this (obviously a rascist comment) and she coward.
I complained to reception staff who said that they’d inform the manager but no apology was given.

Other than this incident, the hotel is highly recommended and despite this situation I would consider staying again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Joia,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback with regards to your recent stay at the Dolmen hotel. We appreciate your comments about the cleanliness and the new modern style of our newly renovated hotel. Also your kind remarks about our restaurant staff and the variety during breakfast will be forwarded to our F&B department. I am happy to read, that it was possible to change your room the next day, to provide you with a room as per your request. I passed your comments about the cleaner to our Head Housekeeper who will be dealing with the matter.

Keeping up to our commitment in providing a memorable experience with exceptional service, we do look forward to welcome you again to our hotel.