“Very good restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Great a la carte restaurant, italian dishes, local wine, good service, medium price level. If you enjoy italian food and wine in nice surroundings - go here.

1  Thank Clara-Elvira

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I asked the hotel receptionist if she could recommend a restaurant for us. She told us that we should try Locanda dell’Edera. She said that it is very popular, close by and we had to have reservations. She offered to make them for us. We were looking forward to trying the place out after our busy touring day. When I looked the restaurant up on TripAdvisor, it was the #1 restaurant in the area. The restaurant opened at 7:45 PM and we had an 8:00 PM reservation. This gave me time after we got back from touring to see if I could drive to the restaurant using the GPS before it got dark. I was glad I did since the Apple map app didn’t bring me to the right place. The Google map app got me closer; but I had to drive around the block a few times until I found it. The restaurant is slightly up on a hill, making it more difficult to see from the street. I had to pull up into the parking area and get out to look for the name. I was very glad that I had made this trip since it would have been very difficult to find in the dark.

When we came back, the restaurant was easy to find, and we were the first customers. The interior was rather modern looking with old family photos on the wall. The owner, the father of the family, showed us to our table. He presented the menus to us that were only in Italian. We tried to figure out what the different items were by using our iPhones; but it wasn’t helping much. When he came to see if we needed assistance we told him we did; but he didn’t speak much English. He told us to wait a moment. He came back with his son, a college student who worked in the kitchen, who did speak some English. He was very patient and described everything and made some recommendations. Not long after we placed our order, the place started to fill up. Before long all the tables in the rooms we could see were full and the other rooms sounded full. As we started to nibble on the homemade bread they placed on our table, we knew we had picked a winner. It was really good.

Before we left, we asked the owner if we could book the same time for the next night. He marked us down in the book. There were some other items we wanted to try, and we knew we wouldn’t find a restaurant we liked better.

The next night after being seated, the father came out with a smile on his face and presented us with menus in English. We were so surprised and appreciative that his son had gone to the effort of translating the menus for us. Of course, it should help other English speaking guests in the future also. The food once again was just outstanding. I wish we could have gone back again.

1  Thank MVPinBoynton
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Very happy to have found the Locanda del Edera on TripAdvisor. Our waiter was very attentive and obviously passionate about the food. The menu relatively small, divided between land and sea food, but all the dishes we had were delicious, particularly the fried calamari and prawns and the pasta with truffles. Reasonable prices for such competent cooking. Great wine list.

One a slight grudge is that we asked to sit outside on a 4 person table but we're told to move inspite of their being plenty of space throughout the evening. We felt a bit cramped on out 2 person table. Felt the waitress (not the waiter who served us after this) was a bit tight about this. However, not prepared to put 4 stars for this what we feel was overall very, very good.

The address on TripAdvisor take a you to a different road so it was a bit hard to find.

2  Thank sarah s
Reviewed 5 July 2017

This restaurant experience blew us away. The food was amazing. What a hidden gem! The brothers who run the restaurant are passionate about the source of their food. They let the quality of produce speak for itself and the kitchen really just enhances it to perfection. This includes their wine collection - let them recommend a wine for you. It also needs to be said that the dessert/pastry chef is equally as talented. Make sure you leave space at the end of the meal - it's worth it!

3  Thank SweetpeaA3
Reviewed 18 June 2017

This was our best food experience in this area, clever delicious food at reasonable prices, attention to detail in resourcing ingredients, excellent service and a really great experience. Its popular you probably need to book.

2  Thank 216richard