“Discovering lahmajun...”

Coriander
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Armenian
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Having several great friends of Armenian descent, Coriander caught my eye as I ambled down Cary Street pondering the many dining options. But it was closed that evening, and being from out of town, I had to wait a few months for my next attempt. Meanwhile, said friends underscored their love for lahmajun (occasionally called "Armenian pizza," but that doesn't quite tell the story). So when I found myself back in Richmond on the birthday of one Armenian pal, I was reminded to try again. I won't try to give a full food review here-- I only tried one thing, but hope to return to sample others. Suffice to say I was glad I came and had my first lahmajun experience-- a great change of pace from Chipotle and the like, and a good choice this evening (even with the Can Can Brasserie beckoning from across the street on a sunny spring day).

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Wow best red lentil soup of my lifetime, it was perfection! I make this soup at home, my MIL makes it, i have had it at restaurants around the world and this was by far the best! Didn't need to add lemon or salt which i normally need. Wrap ws great as well, flavorful, fresh ingredients

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

The salads were fresh and tasty. Took home the salad sampler for lunch. Will go back and try their other dishes.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

I had one of the wraps with beef. It consisted mainly of cold and crisp vegetables with yogurt dressing. There was very, very little beef. If there had been better proportions it would have been more pleasant.

My husband had the sampler of cold salads. Very small amounts of each which he described as "OK."

Reviewed 9 March 2017

Authentic homemade armenian food.

Really nice choices of armenian salads Everything was fresh. The marinated chicken was delicious.

Service was fantastic ! We will certainly visit again.