“Thanks for a great weekend!!”

Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Ranked #11 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This past weekend my two daughters and I participated in a regional soccer tournament. The rooms were very spacious and clean, the staff was extremely friendly and the breakfast was great! The breakfast lady NEVER STOPPED MOVING!! My oldest daughter was elated that the the Wi-Fi was actually "high speed". This is the second time that we have stayed here and we look forward to returning for the next tournament. A great value for the price paid!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Linda M
Joseph_Joyce, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Our property has a lot of youth sports groups stay with us.I remember speaking with you upon your check out regarding our wireless internet. Recently we have changed providers and we now provide 5.0 Mbps download speed. Guests are very pleased with our new ISP. Regarding your break fast experience, Penny is our weekend breakfast attendant. Not only is she an extremely hard worker, but a wonderful person as well. Penny takes pride in delivering exemplary customer service as does my entire staff. I am very proud of each and every one of them! We hope to see you the next time your team is in town, and again, thank you for your time in submitting your review.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Governor's Inn

Reviewed 12 March 2012

My mother & I stayed in August 2011. The hotel is very dingy with an old musty smell. On our last night, my afghan knitted by my deceased grandmother was stolen from our room. Management was anything but helpful in trying to locate it. They denied that one of their maids stole it. Where else did a bright blue & yellow blanket go??? We called the Best Western head offices & recieved no further help. Very dissapointing! The customer definitly does NOT come first. I would highly recommend NOT staying at the hotel & would advise against staying at any Best Westerns in the future.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Natalie H
Joseph_Joyce, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2012

Dear Natalie, I remember speaking with you in August and I have been hoping and praying that this item had turned up somewhere during your trip home or after your return home. I am truly sorry that this extremely sentimental item was never found. I viewed this is a tremendous opportunity to go above and beyond by retrieving this item, but unfortunately was unable to do so. I had EVERY staff member, including GUESTS searching for your afghan to no avail. I also investigated the theft allegations by searching housekeeping carts and personal bags upon their leaving work. I also reviewed the hotels DVR footage. I found nothing. I beg you to understand that I cannot rightfully terminate an employee for theft without any evidence of wrong doing. Please understand that we did everything possible to retrieve this item, and again, I am truly saddened that it was never found.
Joseph Joyce

Reviewed 29 February 2012

I've stayed here several times and always had a good experience. Nice staff, clean, quiet and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Nice place
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Terriblew
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Here for the second of three nights. Very nice motel for the price. Have adjoining rooms ( one handicap ) in the main building. All is good. Very large spacious rooms , comfy beds and the breakfast in the morning is good - more than just the good old muffins and cereal. Am very pleased and would come back for sure.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank bigjake392
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I always stay at Best Western for business, this one is THE BEST ever! It's looks like something you would see in Williamsburg. Beautiful brick exterior, well kept. The lobby is done in dark, rich wood paneling.
The rooms are large with a soothing decor. The bathroom is split, vanity and sink is just outside of the tub/shower, loo. Lots of hot water, wonderful showerhead. Very good lighting at the vanity. Comfortable beds. Easy to adjust heat/AC. Our room was very quiet despite the number of people staying there as well as a wedding party. The rooms, halls, lobby, breakfast area are spotless! You can tell the staff takes pride in their work. Housekeeping staff were all singing and laughing as they worked.
There is a gym and 2 pools.
Breakfast is hot and varied, eggs, sausage, waffles, muffins, yogurt, fruit and juice. The staff replentished constantly, as well as cleaned up after people left tables.
Check out took all of 2 minutes, and I was so glad to meet and talk to Joe Joyce, the General Mgr.
The area around the hotel has anything you could want whether it's food, retail, services, and of course Richmond is near by.
I can't wait to go back, and will go out of my way to stay at Governor's Inn.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business