“Great Richmond Brewery! ”
Review of Ardent Craft Ales

Ardent Craft Ales
Ranked #3 of 31 Nightlife in Richmond
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Ardent Craft Ales began as a co-op in a Richmond garage, a space where we sought to create innovative beers and introduce others to historic brewing methods and beer styles. As a production brewery, our mission remains the same: to produce and celebrate exceptional and ambitious beers with the ever-growing craft beer community.
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I used to live in Richmond and return frequently to visit friends.

While the city has exploded with breweries in recent years I consistently hear about Ardent as a favorite.

I gathered there with friends during a recent visit and everyone had a fantastic time with the great selection of beer, friendly staff and comfortable space. We crossed the parking lot for terrific food from ZZQ next store.

I highly recommend checking out Ardent!

Ryan K, Public Relations Manager at Ardent Craft Ales, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

We're so happy that you enjoyed your visit to Ardent! Cheers, Stacy!

All reviews
"kolsch"
"gose"
"stops"

Reviewed 9 April 2018

I had the "Company Man Pilsner" and it was a good and refreshing beer. It tasted like a grown-up's Natural Light. Smooth and flavorful. Didn't try anything more than a sip of others' beers while we were sitting there, but this will definitely be a place I go back to when in Richmond.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Of all the craft breweries in the Richmond area this is one of my favorites by far. Consistently creative brews are created here.

Ryan K, Public Relations Manager at Ardent Craft Ales, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

We appreciate hearing that! Cheers, Mark!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Ardent is a cool place to grab a flight or some glasses and just hang out with friends. We initially came right around noon on a Saturday and the line was out the door! We came back about an hour later and was able to walk in, though there were only a few stools available for seating.

Since it was our first time there, we tried a flight: the Commonwealth Pilsner, Berliner Weiss, Honey Ginger, and the Barrel-Aged Honey Ginger.
The Commonwealth was very smooth and easy-drinking; a good everyday beer. The honey ginger had pronounced notes of both honey and ginger, but I thought the ginger dominated a bit. The barrel-aged honey ginger was awesome IF you like bourbon (since it's aged in bourbon barrels); it's a great beer to sip on on a winter's day. Lastly, my favorite, the Berliner Weiss. The BW is definitely not for everyone; it is distinctly sour and it took me a few sips to warm up to it. But the BW is so unique, clean, and refreshing--I'm still thinking about it two weeks later!!

RVA has numerous craft breweries to try. I'd put Ardent on your list of stops.