“A true treat”

La Grotta Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
La Grotta Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,806 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Take one step inside the door of La Grotta Ristorante and you will be transported to Northern Italy. The smell of roasted garlic and rich flavors of Italian cuisine is irresistible. In true tradition of Italian hospitality, La Grotta provides guests with the finest, most flavorful dishes, professional and friendly wait staff, and a warm and inviting atmosphere. La Grotta means, "The Cave", and resembles a wine cellar for an intimate dining experience. Guests can also dine in the restaurants actual wine cellar room as well. La Grotta Ristorante excels in serving lunch and dinner parties. Chef Antonio and manager Andrea will work closely to ensure that your party will experience a special and memorable dinner or event. Try some of our favorites including the Chicken Ravioli at lunch and our Agnolotti for dinner. We have also won the Wine Spectator Award for Excellence in 2010. We are sure to have the perfect wine to pair with your meal. We look forward to seeing you soon at La Grotta Ristorante.
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped here after a meeting in Richmond. I ordered one of the daily features not on the menu and the dish was excellent. We had a very large party and all the food looked amazing and the group consensus was very favorable. The wine list is extensive and the drinks were nicely prepared. Our service for a large group was on point and met our expectations. I ended my meal with the coconut cake and a friend the tiramisu and both were good. When I am able to return the quail is on the list.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Decided to have dinner here with a friend. The restaurant was beautiful and the menu was large with lots of options. My friend wanted something that wasn't on the menu and they were able to accommodate her. Overall it was a very nice experience.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

My wife and I had swordfish for lunch, and it was succulent. Swordfish can easily be cooked dry and hard. But the swordfish at La Grotta was perfect with Peruvian sweet peppers. No place in Richmond offers a better coconut cake, and the relatively new location of LaGrotta offers a bright but quiet environment to enjoy a delicious meal.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

I recently ate at La Grotta, and had a really first-rate experience. Being from the NY/NJ area, I'm a bit of an Italian food snob, so I'm usually leery when trying a new place. This did not disappoint. I can highly recommend that you try it, and I will definitely be dining with them again during my next trip to Richmond.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

This proved to be a real gem, one of the best restaurant experiences in a long time. Greeted warmly, seated promptly and overall attentive service by a waiter who enjoyed his work. Food was excellent and substantial portions as well. Wine recommendation was very good and this was on of those rare occasions that the wine suggested was not expensive and more than we had planned. I am sure there are other great places to eat in Richmond, but for Italian and overall fine dining experiences, you cannot go wrong with this one.

Been to La Grotta Ristorante? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK