“Anniversary”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Fleming's Richmond, VA is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located at the Stony Point Fashion Park in Stony Point, near West End Richmond and Tuckahoe.
Reviewed 29 July 2018

Lovely venue. Warm and cozy feeling. Very good selection of wines. The steak choices are great.we also enjoy the desserts. Super selection. This place is expensive. We travel and eat at high end restaurants. This is very good, but plan on having a very high check.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

Went to Happy Hour and read drink specials. There was a special Vodka Martini with Ketel One and a Gin drink with Hendricks. Place had just opened and not yet busy. I asked to switch the Vodka for Gin. He rudely said no substitutions and walked away. We finally got a waitress and received an order for medium well burger that was rare and then replaced will a very well done burger. Servers were pleasant but a steakhouse should have decent bartenders and decent cooks.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

This was a very disappointing and annoying first visit. After many of my colleagues recommended Flämings to me, I finally was able to book a table. It started with a long wait at the hostess stand as there was only one hostess and she took a long time to seat the party that had walked in with me. My server was attentive but I felt she was annoyed to have a single diner in her station. This was very apparent when she cleared the other 3 sets of tableware and the way she rushed out my food and drinks in no apparent order ( my very good lobster bisque was served before I got my wine bread came after that???). But what was very upsetting was that it appears that my strip steak was rushed as well. I ordered a medium well strip with crispy brussel sprouts. The brussel sprouts were probably the best I ever had. However the steak is a different story. When I cut of the fat end of the steak I noticed some blood, so I cut of a piece and blood ran out, so I cut the steak in half and it was rare inside! The waiter took it back to the kitchen. A few minutes later the manager returned with the same steak pushed together on a scorching hot plate and asked me to cut in it again. I already could not believe they would bring me the same steak, now with burned ends and brown where I had cut it before. But even worse it was still barely medium inside! This is a high end steak house with a $56 strip steak (all sides separate). The chef should be able to get it out right the first time, but at least fix his mistake right and not warm up his prior “creation” in a top broiler. I asked immediately for my check. The manager came again to talk to me and explained that he is comping my meal and he was very apologetic, but my night was ruined. I had a burger at Applebee’s instead, and guess what it was cooked to the right temperature! I only gave it a 2 Star instead of the well deserved 1 because the bisque and the brussel sprouts were very delicious and the ambiance was very nice

1  Thank Oliver F
Reviewed 18 April 2018

Two friends and I stopped by Flemings for a Happy Hour drink and some dinner. We sat in one of the tiny booths at the bar - better for 2 than for three. The bar was busy but the service was especially slow. It appeared that the bartender was the only person taking orders and other servers were standing around. Eventually she came over to the table and took our drink orders - 2 blueberry lemon drops and 1 glass of sauvignon blanc. These came out in a few minutes. Two of us ordered the burger and 1 ordered the Carpaccio. We were not disappointed. All were delicious. We sat and talked and ate for about 90 minutes and left. Now for the VERY nice part - I left my credit card there and when I discovered that the next day I called. They had found it and had put it in the safe. I had to wait until a manager came in to retrieve it which I did that evening. Jeff was very nice and had the card ready for me. Would I go back? You bet! Great food and great management. Now if we could only get some more help at the bar....

1  Thank sharon c
Reviewed 5 April 2018

This is our go-to upscale dinner place. The service at this location is top notch, and the food is always hot and fresh. Our visit last night was for our anniversary, and they had a large card signed by multiple staff waiting on our table which was lovely. They have top quality beef and they do a really nice job with seafood as well, along with an extensive wine list. Don't skip the Flemings potatoes!

1  Thank ANIRAV

Been to Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK