“Delicious food/limited choices”

Curry Craft
Ranked #418 of 1,807 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

I took my dad and hubby to dinner for Father's Day. We had a reservation but the restaurant was empty on a Saturday night at 8:00. The decor is lovely. Our server was knowledgable. There was no lamb available so that eliminated about 4 of the main dishes. My dad wanted one of the lamb dishes so that was disappointing. Our appetizers were delicious. We ordered the specials and had the chatt. I had the prawn main dish which was average. The chicken tikka masala and lal chicken were our favorites. Portions were on the small side. We skipped dessert as there were only two choices.

Reviewed 16 May 2016

We have not had much Indian food. What we experienced here was awfully good, but I have no comparison. In particular the standouts were the Chaat-an absolute must have. The other is the tomato soup. The waitstaff is very knowledgable about the food, their preparation and other details. The food is individually prepared so this is not a rushed event. Thus the "craft" of making each dish. We have returned with friends after our first visit and will return again.

Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

We found this place tonight and were extremely happy! The waiter was friendly, funny and attentive! All four of us got something different so we tasted a lot more. All of the dishes we got were so good! We had a great time and will definitely be back!

Reviewed 31 March 2016

We just had dinner at Curry Craft, and it was simply amazing! Our two waiters were welcoming and very knowledgable about the food. We had Chicken Tiki Masala, Chicken Khubani-Zafrani and Lamb Vin D'Alho along with basmati rice and garlic naan. Every dish was truly a delight: bursting with flavor and subtly nuanced with spice. The whole family passed around the dishes, and, at the end, there was not a bite left. But the best part was that my 7 year old son who was absolutely NOT going to eat Indian food loved it as well. He gobbled up 2 orders of buttered naan, and Chef Mel Oza even made him a kid friendly Chicken Tiki Masala. When he told one of the wait staff that he wanted to be a chef, he even got to go back to the kitchen and meet Chef Oza - several times. Our wonderful dinner ended with mango Kulfi and rice pudding. We could not be happier with our experience there; I'd give it 10 stars if I could. Definitely going to eat there again when back in Richmond.

Reviewed 22 July 2015

I went to this restaurant with work colleagues and really enjoyed the experience very much. I had made a booking and asked for a table to the side, which we got. Our server was excellent. She was very friendly and made us really feel welcome. The food was excellent as well. We ordered the Paneer Tak-a-Tak which was good, but for the fact that the potatoes were not properly cooked. The main dishes were liked by each of us and I enjoyed the Hayward 5000 beer very much.

I hope more restaurants have servers like the one we had.

Been to Curry Craft? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK