“Really outstanding sushi”
Review of Hiro Sushi

Hiro Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Hiro Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #142 of 1,763 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Nice, casual place, good atmosphere. Service is always attentive. I've been here three times, and it's my new favorite sushi place. Beautiful presentation, and the good has always been excellent. Would not recommend the chicken teriyaki (which a friend ordered), but the sushi is wonderful. Also had a nice glass of white wine one night. (Have had both dinner and lunch here.)

Reviewed 21 August 2016

Our previous favorite sushi place closed, high rents killed them. Hiro will NOT suffer the high rent disease as it is in a nondescript strip center. That said, the inside is quite nice and the food delicious. We had the sashimi and sushi for two. The sashimi pieces were large, firm and delicious. The sushi and spicy tuna rolls were well prepared with large servings of meat. We got the smoked eel and it was fabulous as well.

On the down side, our server was not the most attentive in the world and we ran out of water and tea several times.

The prices are lower than other sushi places of the same quality.

Reviewed 5 July 2016

My boyfriend told me that his sushi was very good, as he was able to get a maki roll. As someone with celiac, I had to confirm whether or not they used rice or malt vinegar in their rice and was told it was malt. The only option I was able to have on the menu was the sashimi, which was good but pricey and not that filling.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

Never been to this place until I got a coupon from restaurant.com. Glad that I decided to try them out. Sushi is very fresh and because it's a small restaurant so my guess is that it's family owned so customer service is great. It's a little far for me since I live at westend but it's worth the drive.

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

Had wonderful bento box for dinner with teriyaki chicken, pork shumai, tempura vegetables and shrimp, rice, miso soup, California roll and salad. Everything cooked to perfection.