“OUTSTANDING DINNER!!!”

The Grapevine Greek & Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grapevine Greek & Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 1,623 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cox Road
Transit: N/A
Description: Indulge yourself with our authentic Greek entrees, homemade Italian dishes, and Mary's incredible desserts. We know you will absolutely love our homemade moussaka, gyro platter, spanakopita, and fresh hummus. Or try our tasty eggplant parmigiana, stuffed shells, pizza, or chicken marsala! We also have an extensive wine list, including specialty & house wines. You'll want to save room for Mary's famous cannolis, baklava, or the incredible belgian mousse cake, layers of rich chocolate and chocolate fudge topped with dark chocolate flakes. The Grapevine is proudly owned & operated by the Trak family. We strive to keep the quality of food, atmosphere, & personal service impeccable standards! Dine-In; Carry Out; Private Banquet Facility offering options for Limited Menus, Buffet, or Family-Style Service; On and Off Site Catering; Concessional Services. History Established in 2001. The Grapevine tradition started with the beliefs and dreams of one man, Michael J. Trak. "Chef Mike" (as his friends and co-workers call him) came to America in 1971 with nothing more than a five-dollar bill, generations of family recipes in his pocket, and a passion for the kitchen. He cooked, baked and sauteed his way through restaurant kitchens, never missing a single day of work. On December 12, 2001, The Grapevine was opened in the Granville Square Shopping Center. The Grapevine quickly established a loyal clientele and was rated a prestigious "A" by the Richmond Times Dispatch. Michael, Mary, Mitchell, Marianne, Rita and Gabor make great efforts everyday to make their guests feel like they are family. They strive to keep the quality of food, atmosphere and service better than any chain restaurant. Chef Mike and Mary spend most of their time in the kitchen, but every now and then you will see them poke their heads out into the dining area and mingle with the guests.
Reviewed 13 September 2017

We don't often to Italian or Greek however this place is one to go back to again
and again. The service was perfect......remember Amin......and at least 3 others I should mention but let's get to the fabulous Saltimboca gluten free, fantastic.. my hubs loved the spaghetti & meatballs.....the bread you dip with into well seasoned EVOO and lots of garlic, YUM they made GFree pita bread that was BEST ever!! WAs not gonna get dessert till I saw the 10 or so choices and that dark choc GF dense choc cake; had to have it and the hubs LOVED it with me. our friend got a wonderful according to him cannoli............IT"S ALL EXCELLENT!!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Absolutely love Chef Michael and the entire Trak family! Their food as always delicious and the service is excellent! Traveled from Fredericksburg just to have lunch! Well worth the trip!!!

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Came for dinner with my 2 kids (15 and 13). Was warmly welcomed and staff were always stopping by asking if we were okay and if we wanted more bread rolls. Had I known this, I would have ordered a cup of coffee and told them to keep the bread rolls coming...they were so good.

Regardless, we ordered chicken alfredo, cheese ravioli, calamari, fettuccine with red clam sauce, soup and salads...all portions were large and we took home our doggy bags and had leftovers for about 2 more meals. The food was tasty, restaurant clean and busy with large parties all enjoying themselves.

would definitely go again, and next time I will bring a sweater with as the restaurant was a little on the chilly side.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I cannot say enough about how wonderful our first experience at this Restaurant was on Saturday night. Made a random reservation after finding this spot on line when we could not get reservations at our favorite local restaurant for my birthday. Called to confirm the next day and whomever the gentleman was on the phone, he talked to me like he knew me for years. That feeling of family/friendliness continued when we walked in the restaurant, 15 minutes late due to traffic. (we drove an hour) The host knew who we were when we walked in and I apologized for being late, but that was ok! We started with appetizers of calamari and saganaki--DELICIOUS! Three in our party got the special seafood ravioli and loved it! I had chicken kabobs over rice with tzatziki sauce--Amazing and I had to take 1/2 home with me. We had no room for dessert but they all looked delicious too. May have to make a special trip for dessert. We had at least three servers waiting on our table of 6. Our glasses never reached empty before someone was checking on us. The waiters were so friendly and efficient. At least one owner came over to check on us and introduce himself. We thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and family feel of this restaurant. I have told all my friends and family about how wonderful it is. Already planning when we can make our next visit. Thanks to the owners and staff for an unparalleled birthday dinner!!!!!! So glad we took a chance and tried something new!

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Fantastic restaurant. Food tastes great. Was warmly welcomed and service was top notch. Wine was excellent as were the dinner rolls. Portions were extremely generous. This is a guaranteed come back. I cannot recommend it enough.