“Nice little cafe, good food and drink”
Review of 821 Bakery Cafe

821 Bakery Cafe
Ranked #125 of 1,806 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Cool little place on Carey Street by VCU. Good food. Well known for brunch but good for dinner also. Beer on tap.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Great little place. Busy, great atmosphere. Service was excellent and all 4 meals were great. The rosemary potatoes deserve a special mention, not to be missed.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Super service and awesome food! For such a small cool place, they offer a great varied menu. Don't be confused! Their address is 825 Cary St. but they are called 821 Cafe! We all got delicious dishes, some vegetarian, some with greek flair, burgers, pasta, etc. I won't get the orange mimosa again, try the mango mimosa instead. :).

Highly recommend! We will definitely visit again!

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Good food and friendly service with a smile. Had the bacon egg and cheese croissant, fresh and light. Great atmosphere, everyone seems to enjoy their job.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I visited around 10 AM and found the place almost empty.
I sat at the bar and was immediately greeted by the bartender, I guess.
He could not have been more pleasant and helpful.
I ordered and went to the restroom--I'm a freak for a clean restroom.
The restroom is weird and funky--but it was clean and nice smelling--a lock on the door, plenty of paper towels (THANK YOU!). Two bisexual restrooms available.
My order of a portobello brie and spinach omelet came quickly.
Immediately I saw that it was perfectly prepared--not overcooked, not brown and veiny like 90% of omelets look like! I was totally impressed.
The place is NOT that impressive overall--pretty funky and trendy and perfectly appropriate for its locale next to VCU! However, I saw nothing that was not absolutely appropriate.
The omelet was exactly as promised--not pretentious--but delicious.
The rosemary and herb cooked potatoes were also good--clearly cooked from scratch and not from a bag of frozen stuff. A clear A+ in my opinion!
The server was attentive but not obsequious. The staff clearly had a great relationship among them, and I know that makes for a better experience for everybody who dines there.
Bread was from loaf bread from the grocery store.
For breakfast, I recommend this place without reservation.