“Awesome Caribbean fare ”
Review of Kuba-Kuba

Kuba-Kuba
Ranked #19 of 1,764 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Tried this restaurant since I wanted some Ropa vieja and cortadito. To my surprise they had a lunch menu that was yummy and not to expensive. I decided for the shredded pork with rice and beans including Platanos.

The meal was divine finishing with a flan. A bit sweet for my taste but overall excellent as well.

Anyway well recommended for families.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

Fabulous food, wonderful atmosphere and great value for money.
This place has won numerous awards and they are totally justified.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

Had lunch with family at Kuba-Kuba and it was a really good meal. The roast pork with black beans and rice was flavorful and delicious. The portions are large and I recommend splitting plates. The avocado salad was terrific. There is limited seating but worth the wait.

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

My grandson recommended that we eat at this restaurant located in The Fan district of Richmond because the food smelled so good. Neither one of us had eaten there before. We planned to meet at 2pm believing that any lunch time crowd would be long gone. Well, there were people waiting for a table. I attributed this to the very small size of this restaurant. Boy, was I wrong. People were waiting because the food is that good! The menu is so extensive , it's hard to decide what to eat! All I can say is the roast pork with black beans and rice with a side of fried plantains were stellar. The risotto with coconut, pineapple and a side of black bean and corn salsa was wonderful. My grandson's Cuban Omelet could have fed three people. Plentiful, good tasting food at a reasonable price is a spot in food heaven.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Not everyone in our party was overjoyed and you can't please everyone but I liked the place. It's hokie and small but it has great customer loyalty. One guy told me he had been there a half-dozen times and had never been disappointed. It's NOT genuine Cuban cuisine. At least not the stuff I saw and tasted. The Ropa Vieja needs work. But my dish, the Huevos California* 2 eggs over red beans and kuban bread, topped with monterey jack cheese, enchilada sauce & their lime sour cream with the addition of sliced avocado, was very good. If you add hot sauce, Sriracha was on the table, bullseye. It's a fusion place and they are very creative with specials and everything. One that caught my eye was pork tederloin stuffed with chorizos. One knock, they don't serve bacon. NO BACON. Ouch!