“Good food but expensive”

Morton's The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #203 of 1,719 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$ 50 - US$ 80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Canal Street
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Yes the food is good. But when I spend a lot of money I expect surprise. Here no surprise. Service is good, but not different. Nor sure I would go there again. There are steakhouse cheaper (for sure) where I would get better quality/ price.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Having $200.00 in gift cards was the ONLY reason we went there. The food was very good, service was good, but we were the only ones in the place. Totally over priced however.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Passing through Richmond with the family.

I've been going to Morton's for a couple of decades. Since they went public it has been down hill.

I have fond memories of what it was, and have decided not to come back.

Food came way under temperature, then spent 10 min flagging the server. Coffee came without sugar, same wait for the server. When the sugar came, no sugar, just Splenda. I decided to leave it at that.

Too pricey for mediocre food and service.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

With the bar packed mid-week, we were led to an intimate table for a great evening. Our server James did an amazing job. My wife ordered a glass of wine, and James brought not only the wine she ordered, as a sample, but another wine he suggested. The suggested wine was a huge hit and, Thanks for James attentiveness, my wife enjoyed a better wine, at the same price. The food is excellent, and the drinks are great. Great bar scene if you're just looking for a quick bite and drink.

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

Claire started us off with beverages. We ordered up an "Orange Crush" & also tried the "Side Car". The fresh baked bread was superb, the entree with steak, shrimp, scallop & asparagus were cooked to perfection. Chef was certainly on a roll. Didn't have room for dessert! Maybe next time. Alex the Mgr on duty stated that they had 68 locations (across the USA & overseas). I'll be on the lookout for Mortons elsewhere :-)

1  Thank Suzanne C