“Would not be the my first recommendation in Richmond”

Morton's - The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's - The Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #186 of 1,623 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$ 50 - US$ 80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Canal Street
Reviewed 26 October 2016

I was there on business. Here are the details of my visit. The Caesar salad was very good. I had a filet, scalloped potatoes and green beans. I ordered the steak medium-rare and the filet was cooked to perfection (I would love for the cook to give me a lesson on how it was done!). However, the taste and texture of the steak was not what you would expect for the price. The green beans were cooked well and tasted very good. The scalloped potatoes were slightly on the drier side of how moist I like them. (At least they were not watery.) The cheesecake was excellent and I would recommend it for dessert if you like cheesecake. The service was professional, efficient but not particularly friendly.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

I make steak Diane at home. Morton's serves a dish called Filet Diane. We tried that because we wanted to compare. Very different, uses a brown sauce. CJ was our served at he was attentive and otherwise invisible. Perfect evening and meal.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

We picked this place on a whim. Been to a mortys before. As usual the food was awesome. They had a couple of new things... try the jam on the bread they give you. Not sweet but complemented the onion bread perfectly. Had the mac and cheese with lobster.... unbelievable. My husband had the short-rib bolognese. It was great! Greg, our waiter, was wonderful.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

Gracious host and service on top of good food equals a great experience. Liked the added notation of our anniversary on menu and with table decor - cheesy but appreciated. Service was exceptional.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

We have just returned from 3 weeks in Virginia and this was our most expensive meal. That said, it was also the best
Personal, attentive service and a superb steak meal....you get what you pay for!

Been to Morton's - The Steakhouse? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK