“Good local Q”

Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Description: While Buz has been dishing real barbecue in Richmond since 1992, our first brick-and-mortar location on Boulevard opened in 1995. We've also had the honor and privilege of being featured on some of television's top food shows. We are thankful to our loyal fan base that keeps coming back year-after-year. We opened our Broad St. location in 2012 and we look forward to bringing the same barbecue tradition to the West End.
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Tiny little place with little atmosphere, except for the crayon artwork of pigs on the wall, but the food is real good. Order at the counter and find a seat inside or outside at a picnic table. Nice size portions, good selections of beers, and variety of sides, including fried okra. Had a brisket sandwich, but would go back to try other things.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

This place is worth the drive no matter where you are around Richmond VA! The Baby Back Ribs were awesome! Great smoke flavor! Added a little bit of sauce because I like it!! Cornbread out of this world! Not dry, not too sweet just great!! Potato salad was awesome too!! EVERYTHING tasted great. Worth the trip!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

This looks like a fast food BBQ joint. They smoke their own meats, and every order is made fresh... I have NEVER had fast food here, but it's always been tasty.

They have the original location on 1119 N Boulevard, and it has more seats outside than in... but the food is good. Parking is mostly on street.

Don't miss the baked beans or the fried okra. Pick your favorite meat and then wait. Bring a book or a date... and wait. The servers are wonderful, but the food is always made to order and always slow and I keep going back.

They have a larger location down on w. Broad and Old Parham Road. Both locations are easy to find off I-64. So far, it is the best BBQ I have found in town... and I have tried a few of them. But don't be in a hurry.

Pricing is modarate. I always leave full. Never gotten to try desert, nor have I wanted to after the meal. ENJOY!

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Went to the place after a movie on a late afternoon. Heard of the place and knew it had bee on food network with chef Bobby Flay. The ribs are the best ones in the area and their strength. We had beef ribs and the sliders. there were 2 beef , pork and chicken bbq sliders. They were good. The beef ribs were outstanding. The sides though varied were ok and decent , but not over the top/ This is what keeps me fem the highest ratings.
The brisket slider was great as well. We had cold slaw(decent), onion rings (fine) but the beans could have been better. Hush puppies were small and good.
Other then the sides , my one other suggestion is to have a couple of more sauces to experiment with. Noisy and crowded and there are tables outside as well as a small inside. I plan to go back and explore more of the menu.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

We had been to Richmond about 5 years ago and went to Buz & Ned's. On this trip it was the first stop after checking into the hotel. If anything the full slab of baby backs were better than ever. Ribs had the right amount of sauce with the right amount of heat. We planned on stopping by before leaving Richmond but our flights were moved up significantly so we did not have time.

Ribs and water were it for us. My wife thought she could do 1/2 of the slab but one bite into the last one she had to say "uncle". I graciously finished off the ribs. I went to sleep with wonderful bbq sauce taste in my mouth.