“Great Place Owned and Operated by Great People!”
Review of European Taste

European Taste
Ranked #86 of 1,648 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Eastern European, Central European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant is the creation of owner and chef Ligia. Along with her husband, the two of them manage all the things in the establishment. She does all the cooking while Adrian takes care of the guests. I hope you come and enjoy the home cooking and pleasant atmosphere that so many other people have enjoyed and raved about.
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were stopping by Richmond on our way home from vacation and found this place. It did not disappoint! It's a cozy little restaurant owned and operated by a European couple. They were super friendly and fun, engaging us throughout our meal but not too much. For appetizers, we got the tyropita and the puff pastry with meat. Both were incredibly good. For entrees, I got the Hungarian Goulash, she got the Lamb Schwarma and we both split a plate of the Transylvanian Sausage (Mici, also the only thing the husband makes). Everything was so good. Especially the goulash (highly recommend!!!).

8  Thank Thomas T

Reviewed 18 May 2017

The food was wonderful, the atmosphere was small and cozy! The owners were amazing! You even get a shoulder massage at the end of dinner! A must try! A low carber tip: ask for a caesar salad instead of the other sides, with your mici sausage - it was great! no extra charge!

8  Thank isabella1018
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Being of East Europe background, I know good EE food. The dishes are very authentic and taste excellent. The owners are good, solid people and the wife is an excellent cook. Don't miss dessert or this restaurant!

10  Thank 974alexs974
Reviewed 9 January 2017

We have eaten there several times and had many of the selections. Always great food served hot and with the hospitality that the Romanians are noted for. You feel as though you are dining in their home.

Although a small restaurant, it is filled with the ambiance of friendship and hospitality. We usually meet interesting patrons there who also enjoy the experience. The couple works very hard to make you feel comfortable.

Would highly recommend.

10  Thank GolfguyRichmond
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

This small and cozy restaurant reminded my the taste of my moms 100% home made food!
Ligia and Puiu are the owners but also they are cooking and serving! They are welcoming you like you are good old friends, with fresh warm baked rolls with butter, langosh with cheese, spinach and cheese pies. Mici(Transylvanian Sausage)? The best that I've eat,and believe me, I eat a lot in my life, I am coming from Transylvania! Papricash,Goulash, Stuffed Cabbage and a lot more! My advice? Go there! You will not be sorry! Puiu will drink a glass of good wine with you! At the end , Ligia will give some Kremesh,at a desert and a great massage also!!! Good food, affordable prices,great atmosphere and the most friendly people that you can meet!!! Loved every minute I stayed there!!! So! What are you waiting for? Go there!!!

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member