“Feels Like Home”

Ranked #48 of 1,764 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Eastern European, Central European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant is the creation of owner and chef Ligia. Along with her husband, the two of them manage all the things in the establishment. She does all the cooking while Adrian takes care of the guests. I hope you come and enjoy the home cooking and pleasant atmosphere that so many other people have enjoyed and raved about.
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

What a fantastic little restaurant! We visited over this past weekend and had a wonderful meal and excellent service. The couple, from Romania, serve a variety of Eastern European dishes, and everything we ate and drank was delicious. My personal favorite was the Transylvanian Sausages (mici) with french fries (and a glass of Romanian wine), which are just as good as those I've had in Romania. The vegetarian dolmas and chicken schnitzel were great too. Do yourself a favor and save room for dessert, which was also excellent. As an added bonus, everything is pretty inexpensive. It's also worth noting that the owners are incredibly welcoming and kind, and will accommodate anything they can. Truly a great experience!

11  Thank robbinreads

Reviewed 27 July 2016

From the moment we walked in this place I knew it was special. We were met with a boisterous and humorous greeting, and I could tell immediately there was a comfortable atmosphere like being with family. The host/owner was extremely helpful, with lots of information and great advice about our wine and dinner choices. The food was out of this world! The cook/co-owner uses her own unique touches to make even the most routine sides taste delectable and luscious. It was a hot day and she recommended one of her dessert that was light and cool--the perfect ending for a fabulous meal. It's a very small place, simple and homey decor. The atmosphere is created by the proprietors, not by the decor, so if you're looking for fancy, this might not be the place for you. In my opinion, the food and personable host and hostess MORE than make up for the simple surroundings. Try it!

11  Thank Dusty B
Reviewed 24 July 2016

The host and hostess both contribute to your menu choices. The Mici was bold with a satisfying spicyness. The Hungarian Goulash was delightful -with every morsel melting in hour mouth. Quite an enjoyable evening, to include a back and neck massage after dinner. The decor is simple - but the food is marvelous.

11  Thank Joseph W
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

This is the place to eat Transylvanian Food: try anything and everything...it is the real deal. Soups, Transylvanian sousages, multiple assortments of meats and deserts are there...AWESOME and PLENTIFUL. To me and my family, this is a must-stop-place in Richmond VA.

11  Thank NicoFlorida1
Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

Proprietors Adrian and Ligia Sava (they gave me their card) proudly make EVERYthing with LOVE. They told me so. After experiencing this jewel of a restaurant, I am convinced it is so.

Calling it a "restaurant" doesn't seem to fit this very special place. Here's why:

First, we were greeted with a big smile and a warm, "Welcome beautiful people!" Meet Adrian! We seated ourselves in the small dining area and were presented menus to review. There were so many enticing options - and all were so "off the beaten path"-good.

Next: our order was placed and the cooking began promptly. Customers can see Ligia preparing the food right from our seats. The orders came up really quickly, and piping hot.

Then: It began. We all tasted our meals. My wife said, "This is the best vegetable sandwich I've ever eaten." My Hungarian Goulash was flavorful and large. Our friends enjoyed stuffed cabbage dishes and loved them.

Finally: both owners (a husband and wife team) spent a considerable time answering our questions and engaging us in warm conversation.

If you want home cooking like your mom, or your friend's mom used to make for you, go to European Taste. They'll cook for you, serve you, and even take the time to chat with you. This place is a winner.

7  Thank Rick S