“Tapas with an American Twist ”
Review of Pasture

Pasture
Reserve with OpenTable
Pasture is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,623 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Great food, great menu options. They offer appetizers, small plates, and large entrees. I liked the pimiento cheese and ham appetizer, but the gem of the night was red beans and rice. I thought the service could have been friendlier. My biggest issue was that I spent most of the meal swatting flies, which made me feel like I was in an actual pasture... I'd go back in a heartbeat, but I'd hope the flies stay away.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I've heard about Pasture and Jason Alley for some time but haven't had the chance to visit until last week. My husband and I had an opportunity for a rare night out and we opted for Pasture. I had high expectations, but our experience was really poor.

First, the decor. Clearly, they are using the same penny tile black/white floor that has been in this building for possibly 80 years. The floor is dirty, it's broken, it's ripped apart in places and perhaps that's considered "hip", but not to me. Other than that, we sat in uncomfortable, hard chairs and we had a small table. The only decor seems to be a wide green painted strip. But okay, it's really about the food and service, so let's go there.

Second, the service. The menu has "snacks", "small plates" and "entrees". We had snacks and small plates. We ordered 2 snacks but were undecided about the others which was a blessing in disguise because as soon as we ordered the small plates, they start bringing them to the table. Honestly, I've seen fast food take longer. We wanted to dine. If we wanted to eat at McDonald's we would have gone there. My husband asked the server to please hold his food because he hadn't even started his salad when my small plates arrived and he didn't want to have 4 plates in front of him. Not to mention, there wasn't table room anyway. The server did slow it down, but said they just come out as they are ready, but (as a former server myself) - I think the server is responsible, in part in keeping the order timed appropriately.

Third, the food. In total, we ordered about 8 different things. Of those, the best, by far was the dessert. After that, the smoked chicken/fried rice small plate was good. The jams for bread were good. And my husband's salad was good. The rest was average at best. Average. Surely, this isn't the best Richmond has to offer.

Super disappointed. We won't return.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We loved this restaurant! We ate here for dinner while visiting Richmond. It was down the street from our hotel (Hilton) and appeared to have a cool low key vibe so we gave it a try. It was fantastic! Service was great and the food was amazing. We had 4 items from the snack section - ritz crackers with pimento cheese, breads and jams, and pork rinds with mozzarella and red pepper jelly, and the chips and dip. All 4 were incredibly good but the pork rinds and the pimento cheese snacks definitely stole the show! Two of us ordered the burgers - apparently it's the best thing on the menu we heard - and they certainly did not disappoint. And the fries - freshly made, hot, and perfect. Overall the meal was fantastic and we'd definitely return when in Richmond again.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We came in one night after hearing from many people how wonderful the food is - and it definitely lived up to the hype! We sampled some of their small plates and also got the pork chop entree (substituted collared greens and cornbread as the sides). Everything was delicious! I highly recommend the pork ribs, steak tartare and the curry roasted cauliflower!! We also tried a number of the cocktails - all of which were delicious. We sat at the bar and the service was wonderful - the bartenders were very sweet! Highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

So, so good - loved every bite. Red beans and rice with smoked chicken, pimento cheese on Ritz, fried pickles, holy smokes this place rocked.