“Excellent food, good atmosphere”
Review of Pasture

Pasture
Reserve with OpenTable
Pasture is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,623 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Spent my birthday in Richmond on a business trip and wanted a nicer place to enjoy with friends and business acquaintances. Food and service were very good, but taking care of the check with a group of 12 seemed to be a challenge for them, even though we had a reservation. I would advise anyone going with a group over five or six to let them know ahead of time if you want separate checks.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Right around the corner from the Hilton and Marriott. Very nice selection of craft cocktails and good homecooked plates. Bread and jams is simple, but the jams and butters were really good. The chips and dip were good, and the burger was really well prepared and really tasty. Thoroughly enjoyed the Richmond cocktail too.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

The fish with rice was excellent: tasty and crispy, although the portion was rather meager. The waiter was attentive. The decor is quirky. Unfortunately, I found the pimento cheese lackluster and the Ritz crackers a poor complement.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

I will say that I was expecting a bit more from this place. I did like it, don't get me wrong and maybe had I gone for dinner instead of lunch I'd feel differently. However....the decor is nice. The service was great. I hate that you have to go in to get the parking voucher but hey, at least we get free off street parking by going in to ask. The pimento cheese dip is very good, really good! Ritz crackers...I love 'em but maybe get something a bit more special if you're going to charge what you charge. Maybe not though...they really do go well with the dip. The sandwiches were decent. I got the falafal sandwich and my brother got something like a Reuben. The portions weren't huge, but a good size. After the appetizer we both had 1/2 sandwiches left to take home. I HATE when sides are al a cart. The jalapeno cole slaw was good. I love cole slaw and this was definitely up there. . . but in my opinion should have been a side for the sandwich and not something to purchase in addition to when the sandwich came with nothing....also the falafal sandwich was a bit dry...definitely needed more of the sauce. I'm glad I tried this place out after all the hype but not sure I'll be back. Maybe I'll give dinner a go but I don't want to be out a bunch of money for an "ehhh" experience. I say go once and see what you think. it's definitely worth 1 trip.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Pasture is definitely one of my favorite Richmond restaurants! The food and service is always stellar. The pimento cheese and ritz crackers is to die for! Great option if you're trying to find somewhere good to go to dinner.