“Blue Man Group”

Ranked #7 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Richmond
“Blue Man Group”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

This was purchased as a Christmas present....the only thing I really did not care for was the payment had to be made in full at the time of booking. So the hotel had my money for over 5 months before my stay. Loved the atmosphere! Will def stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

LindenRowInnMgmt, Manager at Linden Row Inn, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Linden Row Inn. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back.

When booking your next visit, if you prefer to pay for your room upon arrival, we encourage you to visit our website to seek out a rate type that does not require advance payment. In general, our Advance Purchase Internet Rate and a few of our packages require prepayment with no cancellations permitted. However, we offer many rate types with a standard 24-hour cancellation policy and no advance payment. If you have any questions on this, please feel free to give us a call.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Oviedo, Florida
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Let me start off by saying that the housekeeping and breakfast staff were all wonderful--hard working, friendly, prompt, and did exactly what was needed. My problem comes with the front desk staff. Allow me to outline the problems I had:

-I took the hotel shuttle for transportation one time and was in a car accident. The driver reacted quickly and was exceedingly kind. Also, Susie VanLandingham was on the scene almost immediately to offer me a ride back to the hotel, which I greatly appreciated. Apart from she and the driver (whose name I did not get), I was shown almost no concern apart from a warning that the insurance company might give me a call wanting details of the accident. I received no additional compensation for my troubles, nor was I offered any kind of alternate transportation.

-The night after the accident I asked the man at the front desk if the driver was all right (he was very shaken at the accident scene and I simply wanted to check up on him). He had no idea that there had been an accident and seemed bothered that I would ask him for details.

-On the evening before my departure I asked the man at the front desk if he would mind calling a cab for the next morning. He huffed and puffed and rifled through papers as though this was a major hassle for him. I asked him if it would be more convenient for him if I called them myself from my room, to which he answered a brusque, "Yes."

-On the night of my check-in, my reservation was "lost." It wasn't until I procured my receipt that they managed to find my room.
-I never received a gift basked even though everyone else in the bridal party I was there for did. This doesn't upset me, but it's just another incident of the lack of service I received.

I realize these may seem like nitpicky complaints, but I literally drained my bank account so I could come be in my friend's wedding, and she chose the Linden Row Inn. For the amount I paid for 3 days, I expected much better service. It's a shame that I've stayed in chain hotels for significantly cheaper and had much better experiences. If I ever visit Richmond again, I'd likely seek out one of these chains. The Inn is beautiful, well-kept, and a historic gem, but unless you're a history or architecture buff, I'd recommend you stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
LindenRowInnMgmt, Manager at Linden Row Inn, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Linden Row Inn. We are pleased to hear that you found our property beautiful and historic, and are very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations on guest service.

Since this review was posted, we have been in contact with you and would like to once again apologize for your experience with our Front Desk staff and for the inconveniences you faced as a result of our shuttle van being involved in a minor car accident.

We are happy to hear that the managers on duty during the time of the accident were helpful to you, and are very sorry that you felt that the remaining staff failed to offer adequate support or assistance. Our staff has been trained to respect the privacy of both our guests and our employees, and so the "indifference" you may have encountered was likely a result of some team members being uncomfortable discussing matters that they are generally not in a position to discuss.

We value constructive feedback from our guests, and utilize such comments to improve the guest experience. Your feedback has been shared with the appropriate team members, and we will be incorporating your experiences into our ongoing training and coaching program for all hotel staff.

Thank you again for your candid review. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

The Linden Row Inn was mo than I had expected based on the reviews I read. the room was gloriously appointed,extremely we preserved and comfortable and even luxurious. The grounds were charming and welcoming, with a rocking chair outside our parlor to sit in and take in the 'enchanted garden' and the staff could not have been more friendly and accommodating. The shuttle service alone is worth the higher price, but the entire experience was wonderful. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to a friend, especiallyone more interested in charm and historical surroundings than a more modern experience. Although, truthfully, it lacked no e of the modern amenities we are used to! A wonderful,lovely old hotel in Richmond !

Stayed April 2012
Thank you for writing a review about your recent experience at the Linden Row Inn. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our property's historic charm, and hope that you will visit us again soon!
Cary
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Very nice room and location. Breakfast was pretty good. Excellent shuttles service. Location was excellent as far as finding your way around Richmond. Staff was excellent.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Linden Row Inn. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our services and amenities and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Tecumseh, Michigan
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Had a great time at the Linden Row Inn with my 17-year-old son & 2 nephews (15 & 16) in early April - we got a great rate, the location was awesome, and the hotel was very charming. We had a good-sized room with a big bathroom, and we all loved the free breakfast in the dining room. The only disappointment was the weather, as it was too chilly to use the lovely little courtyard. We will definitely return on our next trip to Richmond.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the Linden Row Inn. It is always a pleasure to hear when our guests enjoy their stay with us. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location and complimentary continental breakfast, and look forward to welcoming you again to enjoy our courtyard area!