“Convenient”

Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road
Ranked #39 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
“Convenient”
Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

Rigjt off of Rt 95. As previously stated, do not follow gps. Get off exit 69. Pet friendly. Good walking area. Sports Grill restaurant connected to hotel. Open until 11pm and breakfast starts at 6am. Very slow breakfast and the order was messed up but waitstaff was pleasant. Don't think we would return to restaurant but hotel was great for a night

• Stayed April 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Dear Twittpugmom,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you liked our hotel location. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service in our restaurant which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
Frederick
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I wanted to write to commend the staff of the Holiday Inn Richmond South on the stellar customer service during a very difficult time in my life. While visiting my father in the nearby VA hospital, he passed away. The staff was very compassionate and offered words of condolence every day of my stay. Although I do not have the last names of the staff, I want to particularly recognize Bella (Front Desk), Keith, Thesa, Edwin (Chef), and Rachel. What a great group of people. I have stayed at this location several times when visiting my father and the staff is always friendly and went out of their way to ensure my and my husbands stay was pleasant. Ismaray Albalat must also be commended for his leadership. The staff is only as strong as the leadership. Thanks again for everything!

Room Tip: In an era where excellent customer service, the staff at this location won't disappoint. They we...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BlessednFrederick
Chris G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear BlessednFrederick,

Thank you for the radiant customer service review! Although, you were here during a difficult time in your life, I am glad that we made your visit better. Our staff does a great job at taking care of our customers and we thank them everyday for it. Thank you for your kind words about the staff and your words about my leadership style. It means a great deal to have received this feedback.

Regards,

New York
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The only negative, and it isn't much of a negative, was the room was a bit small. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear NewYorkBrowhunter,

We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business. If you are planning a future visit, please ask us to upgrade you; the rooms are a bit larger. Thank you for the feedback about the wonderful service you have received. We are glad you had such a great experience here.

hillsborough nc
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I waited 2 hours for room service that never showed up and end up eating at the McDonald's next door; the lamp beside my bed didn't work; the TV remote was out of batteries so you have to stand *right* in front of the TV to change channels; and the walls are so paper-thin I was awake all night long due to the loud clacking of the other doors in the hallway as others entered and left their rooms. Absolutely NO sleep whatsoever.

I would like to throttle the folks who've left such good reviews for this hotel and tricked me into staying here. I own a small business and work 60+ hours a week, and one of the perks is that a couple of times a year I get to take a little mini-vacation when I go to trade shows. I like to get a nice hotel, go out for dinner, and get a good night's rest. Not too much to ask. It is not an exaggeration when I say this is hands-down the worst hotel experience I have ever had in my life, and that it ruined my so-called "vacation." I got to the hotel at 8:15 and was so exhausted I decided to order room-service, an extra luxury. I ordered it by 8:30. When it hadn't shown up by 9:30 I started calling both the front desk and the restaurant. I finally got someone on the phone at the restaurant who promised me the food would be there in 15 minutes. At 10pm I realized the room service hours had actually ended, and I went to the McDonald's drive-thru next door. Needless to say the food never showed up.

This absolutely ruined my trip. When I'm in a hotel, I like to take baths, wear my pajamas, and relax, but you can't do those things when you're expectantly waiting for some room service dude to show up and you need to have clothes on. I ended up waiting for 2 hours for food that never came, and in that time I could have gone out and found a delicious restaurant to enjoy. I certainly didn't want to eat McDonald's.

Between the room service thing and the noise from the hallway, and the complete unavailability of folks at the front desk to complain to, I will never stay in a Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank jody c
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear jody c,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ithaca
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Right off I95 at Exit 69. Do not follow your GPS! Room had microwave & small refrigerator. Desk clerk upon arrival was very gracious. The morning clerk's attitude was less than expected but she wasn't exactly rude. This was our 2nd stop there in 3 months.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Jef0424,

Many thanks for your review about our hotel. I am pleased to know that we can accommodate your needs; especially with our pet-friendly rooms. Please contact us directly should you plan to come back to the Richmond area in the near future.