“Not for people that have trouble walking”
Review of James River

and up
Hollywood Cemetery Electric Car Tour in Richmond
Ranked #12 of 190 things to do in Richmond
More attraction details
Owner description: This river running right through downtown Richmond offers sightseeing rides on an antique paddlewheel steamer or on a raft with a trained guide, as well as wading, fishing, rafting, kayaking or simply relaxing on the river banks and gazing out at the city.
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This park is for people that live in Richmond. It has a dirt path which seemed to be a bike path or walking your dog. The trail was slippery with roots. It lead you down to stairs that lead you down to the river. These stairs were about 4 stories down but you had to walk back up to get to the road. This would be really cool if you were the ages of teens to 25 to spend the day hanging out. There is no parking you have to drive in the neighborhood to park.

All reviews
in 19 reviews
"pasture"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed 13 March 2018

There are multiple ways to get to the james river. on any summer day you can go and see locals laying on the rocks laughing play hopping rocks, swimming walking dogs and eating lunch. its free and safe local attraction.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

I cant say enough good thing about the JRTS and the Buttermilk trail. My wife and I run the Buttermilk and North Bank trial almost every weekend in the summer. The leaf clutter make the trial slippery during the fall but its still a beautiful walk. You forget you are in downtown RVA and feel like you are in the Shenandoah.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

I was able to see the James River from my room of the hotel and it is absolutely stunning. The boulder rocks on the Western edge provide an interesting element to the view. The area down by the River in downtown is extremely peaceful

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 February 2018

Went to Richmond to pick up some things Ihad ordered. Decided to take some photographs down by the river on a clear Friday afternoon. Two guys busted my front window and stole my large purse and put it inside my black umbrella. As I was walkin back, I saw them but had no clue until a few moments later when I got back to my vehicle. It took two times of calling 911 and about an hour later to get a police officer to show. The police officer very nice. When I called back to speak with her about the time it took them to get to me, the woman police officer in charge that I shouldn't have left my purse in the car. Looking back, I think maybe the homeless guy under the bridge on Semmes Avenue may have been their lookout. If you go to Richmond and especially this area, please be careful.

1  Thank travelqueen03