“Fantastic food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Julep's is one of those restaurants I could eat at every week (if I lived local). The food here is unbelievably delicious. Menu changes periodically based on season or what might be available to the chef. Remains one of my favorite places. The space has a fantastic vibe and waitstaff is knowledgeable about the various dishes.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We found a perfect Rehearsal Dinner locarion for our son's wedding at the John Marshall Hotel in Richmond. With each interaction with Juleps we were pleased with their hospitality, professionalism, ambiance and last but certainly notleast, their cuisine.

Their owner Amy, and manager John, were a pleasure to work with and assisted us along the way with our careful decision making for what rurned out to be a beautiful start to the wedding nuptuals.

The staff was so pleasant and showered us with attention, calling us by name and providing first class attention and service.

Ty, the bartender took great care with our choices of signature drinks, and each of our dishes was prepared with incredible southern style and care. Our guests chose from the filet, shrimp and grits, crabcake and gnocci for their dinner and everyone was very complimentary of their meals.

Thank you Juleps for the pleasure of hosting our Rehearsal Dinner. You far surpassed our expectations!

Linda Farina

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Have now eaten here twice while staying at the Hilton. This time I brought my family. Appetizers are delish and sizeable. The Shimp and Grits was very well done and not a drop left on the plate. Service is impeccable and professional.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

My wife and I decided to try Julep's as we had not done so since they changed locations. It is only 2 blocks from Richmond Center Stage, a performing arts venue, and we were attending the Richmond Symphony. We were warmly welcomed by the owner and shown to our table immediately. We informed our waiter that we were attending the event and he assured us we would be fine.

We ordered a scallop appetizer and it was cooked perfectly and tasted great! Our entree was a hanger steak that we ordered medium rare and that is just how it came. It was paired with roasted beets and pickled vegetables. Mind you, not a combination I would have ever envisioned; I tend to like my roasted beets as a salad accompanied with goat cheese. However, the combo was not only visually appealing, but very tasty. We both finished our plates completely. And true to form, we paid our check with plenty of time for a leisurely stroll to our concert.

There is an extensive wine list along with a full bar and very interesting cocktail menu. On this particular night we started with a glass of champagne (Veuve Clicquot is available by the glass) followed by a half bottle of wine.

Of interest - The Showtime series "Homeland" is filming its 7th season in Richmond right now and stated that Richmond's food scene was part of the decision process. In fact, the day before our visit they were filming at Julep's for the 1 episode of season seven.

The ambiance is perfect for date nights, friends, or business; all which we saw around us while we dined. We highly recommend that you try Julep's, as we intend to make this one of our regular haunts.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend made reservations for the best seat in the house at this local restaurant for my birthday. We went on a Saturday evening and he reserved a table by the window.

I truly believe it made all the difference in the world for a nice romantic evening. The tables in our section were spaced so well that it felt like we were the only ones in the place. Which says a lot since we were a few feet from the bar.

The staff at Julep's was wonderful! They were attentive, friendly and not over the top.

We had scallops and fried green tomatoes as appetizers. I LOVED the scallops which were HUGE and seasoned to perfection. He ordered the shrimp and grits and I ordered the hanger steak. It's recommended to order medium and it was flavored so well. Both portions were great portions! We finished up by splitting chocolate cake which was AMAZING.

The atmosphere at Julep's is classy and definitely fine dining. It's a great place to consider for special occasions.