All reviews town square great location free parking bed and pillows marina area hotel is located our night stay overlooks the sea comfortable hotel rooms are modern a bit overpriced local pastries plastic cups coffee machine choice of restaurants breakfast spread walking distance
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nice hotel, clean, next to the beach, close to central area of restaurants. Friendly, helpful staff. Breakfast lots of choices and food was excellent. Would definately recommend this hotel. Easy to make reservation.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I would definitively return there! I really enjoyed the place, the room, the position. It is a beautiful hotel, big rooms, perfect position. I hope to come back there one day. Worth value for money and services.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Nice, clean hotel! Very charming. Loved the decorations. The staff was very accommodating. Close to the best restaurants in the area. We were recommended this hotel by our friend who lives in the USA, but is originally from this lovely town.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The best about this hotel is: the delicious breakfast (savoury and sweet, varied, rich with genuine ingredients, very nice staff) and the strategic location (on the main square, very close to the port and two small beaches, accessible by car or public transport).

Overall the rooms were clean and quite, the cleaners super cool, friendly and helpful, the common space cosy and comfortable. I really liked the rooms at the second floor with terrace. The view was breathtaking (pic at the sunrise attached).

What I would improve: some front office staff: the lady at the front desk has been quite impolite and unprofessional. I was surprised to hear other guests talking about it and I encourage the management to take care of this issue (I would have given 5 if this lady was not there). The two gentlemen have been both very helpful and kind. I got some interesting suggestions from them.

I would suggest to offer 2 small bottles of water or a juice to the guests at their arrival. It is not expensive but makes the guests feel welcomed.

I have to say - as many hotels in this part of sicily - that's a bit overpriced, but less than other resorts in Castellamare.

In a nutshell, staying at Al Madarig was a good deal!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Francesca A
Reviewed 24 July 2018

Sicily is the crossroads of the Mediterranean and this town and hotel sure make you feel like you're at the crossroads of old and new. The hotel is very modern. The staff incredibly accommodating. You can check out towels, beach umbrellas, get the shuttle to the bigger beach down the road and be treated to an incredible breakfast every morning. All the comforts...and you're surrounded by ancient roads, buildings, walls, and even a castle! There are excursions from there you can sign up for or rent a car at the airport and park it in the hotel "parking lot." Great central location for NW Sicily.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
AlMadarig, Responsabile reception at Hotel Al Madarig, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear Sir
we were very pleased to read your kind words about our hotel, the town and staff. You are always welcome to stay with us when your travels bring you this way.
Best wishes from all the Staff