All reviews delicious food perfect hosts balcony overlooking the valley returning home bruschetta style definitely recommend this place risotto bread david platter perfection creativity mouth feast allergies bowl proximity
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Sitting on a candlelit terrace surrounded by the greenery of Fluminimaggiore as the sun disappeared and the sky turned to night…this was the most idyllic setting for a romantic holiday dinner. And it was perfection.

La Casa Sarda was the most superb dining experience and was without doubt the highlight of our holiday.

Eliza and David are the perfect hosts….attentive and interested but without being intrusive….they looked after us with such care and attention…and this began before we even arrived. My fiancé had made contact prior to our visit to inform them of my dietary requirements and allergies…these requests were dealt with without question and it made the experience even more enjoyable and took away any stress and worry.

Our meal was absolutely sublime. I can honestly say that it was one of the best meals of my life and I feel that my words cannot do it justice. The quality and taste…the creation of such dishes…I cannot compliment David enough….he is clearly an extremely talented and passionate chef which is reflected in the food he serves to his guests.

On arrival we were seated at our table and served a cold crisp glass of prosecco….the perfect start to any evening…..then the four courses of food commenced…

To begin we were presented with a starter of cold roasted beef, mushrooms and rocket….alongside this was a platter of bruschetta style tomatoes served on crisp bread with a bowl of home baked ciabatta to accompany….this was quite a feast….and it was only the start…

Following this came a dish of macaroni style pasta with steak in a red wine sauce…the flavours were incredible…the perfect blend of the wine with the steak…it melted in the mouth and was the most exquisite pasta dish….

In between courses we enjoyed several glasses…or maybe even jugs…of white wine from a local vineyard...the wine complemented the food perfectly and made the meal even more enjoyable….

A platter of butterflied chicken breasts in a lemon and oil sauce came next….with grilled peppers, aubergine and courgette alongside….again the freshness and quality of the food was outstanding….every mouthful was delicious….such simplicity but created with such care and attention….

To end the meal a dessert of homemade lemon sorbet was served….my favourite…and it was the ideal palette cleanser to end the meal….

Eliza and David came out to join us as we sat and took in the beautiful surroundings….we enjoyed a glass of mirto….again made here at La Casa Sarda….

This was the most wonderful dining experience and one that we have talked of and re-lived ever since returning home….we are pleased to be visiting Fluminimaggiore once again in August and without doubt we will be coming here again…I cannot thank Eliza and David enough for their hospitality and look forward to seeing them very soon.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2018

Elisa and David made us feel very welcome and gave us several tips on what to do in the area.
The meals prepared by David were excellent. Beaches were close by and not ovdercrowded.
Rooms were spacious, clean, comfortable and had a fridge.
I would definitely recommend this place.
Lucy - Geneva

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

The hosts are so nice that you feel like at home but in better.
The food is amazing. The cook is a big chef.
The rooms are spacious and with a balcony.
For sure i will come back.
We were 3 couples and a baby.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

The title says it all really! We were looking for a quiet place to stay within close proximity to fabulous unspoilt beaches, and in picturesque surroundings. We certainly found it at La Casa Sarda! Elisa and David are the perfect hosts. They gave us loads of advice and information about the area. Elisa even wrote down recommendations for restaurants and places to visit in the other parts of Sardinia we were travelling to. David is the chef, and his food is amazing! We ate on the balcony overlooking the valley, and were served the freshest and most delicious food, prepared simply to accentuate the quality of the locally sourced ingredients. The menus are created daily depending on what is available at the market.
Our room was spacious and had everything we needed including a private balcony which was a great place to drink a glass of wine and watch the sunset.
Thanks so much for your hospitality Elisa and David, we hope to return soon to visit you, peanut, piggy and little sushi the cat. Mike and Andrea.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Let me state that I'm not writing from the standpoint of the occasional visitor: I've been spending my holydays here since 20+ years, and I've known and appreciated the previous owners of the same premise.
Yet, I must raise my hat at the masterpiece of knowledge and intuition that Elisa and David have set up with "La Casa Sarda", an unexpected, unassuming yet definitely world-class initiative.
The surroundings would deserve many pages - suffice to say that knowledgeable world travelers, people who literally sailed the seven seas, put Sardinia in the top three locations in the world, along with some lost paradise such as Socotra or a very few pacific Islands.
And, in Sardinia, the jewel in the crown is here, at the intersection of history, nature, culture, and quality of life: Fluminimaggiore can boast as many attractives as the rest of Sardinia, but concentrated in a small territory. Google for Fluminimaggiore and check by yourself.
Back to business: La Casa Sarda - as its name implies - is first and foremost an house, or better an home, yours!, in Sardinia. A five minutes drive to one of the most celebrated seascapes in the world, half an hour or slightly more to the highest dunes in Europe, a golden desert fading into the sea. Another ten minutes to Fluminimaggiore, whose dilapidated looks do not detract from hospitality nor from the available services - everything you may need is in your reach. All around, the archeo-industrial remains of the most prodductive mineral industry in Italy and perhaps in Europe, as well as some of the most interesting caves, such as Su Mannau. Worth a visit, believe me.
On this background, La Casa Sarda stands out as the only place where, thanks to the fluency of Elisa in four languages, tourists from abroad can get exactly what they are looking for: punctual and precise information, an accommodation above the level of the yet commendable "Agrutirismi" and B&B that have been recently blossoming in the area, and a cuisine worth the highest prise.
Don't be mislead: the fixed menu (alternating daily from meat to fish) is an opportunity, not a limitation. After several experiences, I must admit that David's experience and creativity have saved my time - even with an "a la carte" menu at hand, in no way I could have chosen any better combination than the daily proposal of La Casa Sarda.
And the background music couldn't have been better.
Summarizing: highly advised both as restaurant and as hotel, not to be missed. You'll thank me later!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo