Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.com$172
Algotels$240
Tripadvisor$147
StayForLong
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 November 2019

We had a King Suite. It was spacious and decently clean but this place is overdue for an update. Happy to have a Keurig in the room along with a small fridge and microwave. Overall, the kitchenette was in good shape. The bed was comfortable and had plenty of pillows.

Issues are really in the bathroom, the overall lighting and the heating system. Bathroom needs some serious lighting added. It was nearly impossible to put on make-up and the shower has no lighting. Shower worked well but the grout had some mold. As for the heat, it's either on or off for the most point and doesn't actually relate to the temperature you set. Wall thermostat didn't seem to be connected to the old style units under the windows. Basically I woke up either freezing or overheated and had to go change the setting. There was also a phantom set of lights over the front door that turned on by themselves. I'm not sure what that's about but that was also annoying to deal with when you are trying to sleep.

Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank MissMuffet63
ICC-Hotel_Rep, Director of Sales at UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review.

I understand that there were challenges with both temperature control and bathroom lighting.

We strive to provide a clean and comfortable stay for our guests. We fell a little short here, and will be completing a thorough walk through of both suites to address these issues.

Thanks again for your feedback. It allows us to take a second look at what we offer and take steps to make sure that we address and outstanding issues.

Reviewed 4 September 2019

Most of the hotel is a dorm during the school year, but in the summer months, the dorm furniture goes away and the whole building becomes a hotel. Some amenities are sparse

A small fitness center but no pool. There is a business center and while the bar/ restaurant was closed for refurb when i was there, I understand that its better thanaverage hotel fare. I had a 2 queen room. Beds were double sheeted and had a variety of pillows. The curtains closed tightly and no light got in until well after sunrise. Great AC. Big tv, a fridge for snacks and a good desk. Bathroom was immaculate and well equipped. If I stay here again, though, I'll know to ask for one of the rooms overlooking the canal off the Merrimack River that used to run the spindles and looms of Lowell's cotton and woolen mills.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank MsPackrat
ICC-Hotel_Rep, Director of Sales at UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2019

Thank you for your review! While the rooms on the city side have great views, those on the canal side do provide a peak at Lowell's historical landmarks.

Our kitchen just underwent some improvements and is back on line. Stop by 50 Warren Lounge and enjoy our famous Lobster Roll, Clam Chowder, or Locks Burger and a seasonal cocktail.

We look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 31 August 2019

I was here on an extended stay for business. This place (as I would not considered it a hotel
The name Inn speaks for itself) needs major updates along with housekeeping and maintenance attention. The vent in the bathroom and the floor of the bathroom was beyond filthy. I have serious sinus issues and this was a major concern. The bathtub floor was not cleaned to me liking although (I always make sure where ever I go I have shower shower shoes and my own personal towels regardless of the ratings of the hotel) and the bathroom floor needed cleaning (I put all the towels down so I didn't have to walk on it and I had on socks so I didn't have to walk on the carpet). The carpet in the room appeared to have not been cleaned in some time and the ceiling of the room had evidence of leaks and needed repairs. Not to mention the lack of security on the floors (no cameras except by the elevator) and the concern with the bedroom locks. Being here for a week with not much to do after meetings the room internet was trustworthy as I kept getting warnings on my work computer and the channels on the tv was very lacking. The room I was in all night and probably during the day (I could not confirm as I was in meetings until after 4) you could hear the generator or something going all night long. The bed is ok but not very comfortable but of course each person has their own preference. I must say I did not have a good night sleep my entire stay. My personal opinion if you have other options even if you have to drive or ride share in for business/personal purposes stay in the Boston area (which of course is about away) or elsewhere.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Mzmi35
ICC-Hotel_Rep, Director of Sales at UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2019

Thank you for your comments. So sorry to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and attention to detail. Looks like we missed the mark here.

Oftentimes items of concern can be rectified during a guest's stay by bringing them to the attention of the front office team. It seems like we missed the opportunity to assist during your stay. We would like to rectify any maintenance and cleaning issues, so please reach out to me directly so that we may address them as needed.

Thank you!

Carol Scalesse

Reviewed 17 July 2019

Please book fast if you are in town for anything at UMASS. Location is great and it books fast. Best location in this picture perfect town. Did not book in time to stay, but several other parents were on site and raved of the area.

Date of stay: June 2019
2  Thank Kewa H
ICC-Hotel_Rep, Director of Sales at UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2019

Thank you Kewa! Hope to have you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 17 July 2019

I booked a room for 5 days at this location, knowing the area and the UMASS,Lowell very well. What unpleasant surprise it was for us when we given a room key to a dorm room that was filthy and dirty. This location has a price structure for their rooms that is not posted in their website nor shared with Booking, Inc. The $89.00 price is for a dorm room, if you want a renovated hotel room 1st- 2nd floor that is $119.00 per room, you will never know it unless you ask for a specific hotel room and a resident dorm room in the same building--completely deceptive and deceiving. The front desk folks apologetically and embarrassed explained it to us. The senior management of this place should be ashamed of themselves perpetuating this deception!! UMASS Lowell poor and horrible business practices!!
NEVER WILL GO BACK!!

Room tip: Ask for the hotel room, nOT THE DORM ROOM.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank wlaboy
ICC-Hotel_Rep, Director of Sales at UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2019

Thank you for providing this feedback. We operate the Inn & Conference Center as a mixed use building for the University. It is our desire to be able to offer modest, economical hotel accommodations to guests throughout the summer when demand for rooms in the City is high. With this in mind, we do convert rooms that have been occupied by students into hotel rooms. It is never our intention to be deceptive or untruthful with our rate structure. If this is the impression that you received during your reservation experience, we apologize for our role in creating this negative impression. We regularly monitor and evaluate the wording that is used by the multiple online reservation avenues. Your feedback is helpful for us to once again take a look at how our impressions are received.

Carol Scalesse
Director of Sales & Marketing.