“Very nice place to stay.”
other traveller has booked this property
LIVING ROOM OPENING OUT TO BALCONY DINER/LIVING ROOM OUT TO BALCONY
RURAL SURROUNDS AND COASTLINE ON VIEW
VIEW OF VALLEDORIA AND BADESI ON COAST
VIEW OF CASTELSARDO HARBOUR/MARINA
VIEW OF APARTMENT AND EXTERIOR
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
TomMH88
Dublin, Ireland
“Very nice place to stay.”
Reviewed 22 March 2013 for a stay in September 2012

My wife and I stayed for a week and had a very nice holiday. The apartment was very clean and well furnished. The views are breath-taking, especially around the pool area. Easy to get around and the Citadel is worth a visit. Highly recommended. Tom H

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
London
Reviewed 30 December 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nice view of the hills
Liked least: The owner
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
18 Mar 2013
The Clients in question did in fact book the apartment literally the day before i.e. booked on Saturday arrived on Sunday. They had in fact enquired about letting the apartment some time previously but came back to us at the last moment as they had not in fact found anywhere at an economical price for the most high season month of the year for lettings. As it was I gave them a discount and then it was a Saturday and banks were all closed I was requested to accept a Paypal payment. I had to incurr Paypals charges off their payment something I had not experienced before.

On the day after the Clients arrival on the Monday I received an S.O.S. from them to say that the swimming pool was unusuable. This was news to me as no other clients staying at the same time had reported that there was such a problem. I immediately, contacted the Administrator for San Giovanni who informed me that a problem had arisen due to a faulty part in the filter system.

The administrator was in fact endeavouring to get the replacement part but due to it being the holiday season in Sardinia all swimming pool businesses on the island were closed for 2 weeks. She confirmed that she was seeking the part from msinland Italy.

I did, in fact report back to the clients as to what was the problem and that all efforts were being made to get the replacement part.

I personally checked with Administrator each day that week as to the status of the availability and despatch of the spare part which did arrive on the Friday from Milan.

It was immediately fitted that evening but of course it took 24 hours for the water to become totally clear and the clients were of course leaving early on the Sunday morning.

I did continue to update the clients on a daily basis and was profusely apologetic to them for the probem that had occured.

I did in fact have other clients staying at San Giovanni and none of them came on to complain as they fully understood the situation due to me keeping them informed. Some of them did indeed continue to use the pool despite the water being cloudy, other clients of other owners at San Giovanni did not complain either.

It is important to note that most clients at San Giovanni tend to go to one of the many beaches nearby as well as use the swimming pool.

Had I known in advance of accepting the clients booking on the Saturday of the problem with faulty filter system, I would of course not have accepted their booking without fully explaining the situation with the pool.

Travellers are raving about these Castelsardo hotels

London, UK
Reviewed 4 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool and we became great friends with the family in the apartment below us.
Liked least: The Owner
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Management Response
18 Mar 2013
Clear instructions were given in advance in the Information Pack as to how to access the apartment - this has been the way we have arranged for our clients to gain entrance since we first started letting the apartments in 2007. NO-ONE has complained that they were not personally met before and in fact other owners letting apartments at San Giovanni have a similiar arrangement for collection of keys.

NO-ONE has complained over the last 6 years of lettings that the inner and outer doors are difficult to open.

The reason that there was no hot water to shower with was due to the fact that it was the first letting of the season and the switch for the boiler had not been turned on.

It is absolute nonsense to say that I did not think it was necessary to use the boiler - how else could one have hot water to shower with. Do you think all previous clients would have tolerated the non-use of the boiler... Neither may I point out did I ever stipulate that they could only put the boiler on a half an hour before showering. It was in fact , previous happy clients passed on to me that it was not necessary to put on the boiler for long as the water can get far too hot, they found it was appropriate only to leave the boiler on for a half hour before they showered. This was the information I passed on.

With regard to the Aircon , there were in fact two remote controls in the apartment , it was unfortunate that one of these had batteries which were flat.

In our Information Pack given out in advance of travelling we clearly request that clients do not use the Aircon on a continuous basis due to the high cost of electricity on the island... we certainly, do not state that we do not wish our clients to use the Aircon and we strongly object to this complaint.

On the night referred to the clients in question put the Aircon continually for 12 hours from 11 pm to 11 am the next morning. I strongly refute that I pounced on these clients the next day as claimed. I in fact, met them when I was going out of our Apartment to our car and politely asked them, could they just put the Aircon on in advance of going to bed for an hour or two as all visitors and owners at San Giovanni do.

Maybe our mistake is not to include all utilities usuage in the rental price and to charge separately for electricity, so that all clients can use the Aircon at their own discretion.

The clients in question did not in fact leave the Aircon on all night that day I asked them politely not to leave it on indefinetly but the night following they reverted to leaving it on for 12 hours continuously and for the remaining nights of their stay. I did not in fact feel there was any point in discussing the matter further with them.

I certainly do not feel it is necessary to and to endeavour to socialise with clients at the swimming pool unless they clearly wish to ascertain some interesting information on the area or the island itself.

I do not accept that the property was not overly clean as we have a meticulous cleaner, who has received praise over the years on how clean the apartments are kept. We have also received comments from previous clients on how lovely it was to arrive to not only to a spotless apartment, all ready for use, beds made up but the added bonus of toys for children should they be in the party arriving, water in the fridge and essential items to make their stay more enjoyable.

The fridge /freezer doors are left open for all apartments prior to the arrival of our clients in the season as we do each year with the electricity turned off. Therefore we do not accept that there could have been something akin to a glacier on the back wall of the fridge.

I seriously have not received a review before over the last 6 years of lettings stating that I am an awkward character without a hospitable bone in my body actually quite the opposite.

I have received many complementary reviews over the years that I have gone out of my way to be hospitable, helpful and generous with my time.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing