“Fresh and simple”

Ranked #34 of 301 Restaurants in Trani
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

In the port of Trani, near the sea you may find this Osteria. For sure you will love the fish and sea food. All is fresh and simple cooked. You may try also white wine of the house. For sure you will have a nice dinner.

Date of visit: July 2017
2  Thank carmenalx

Reviewed 18 June 2017

A little disappointed we had to sit inside on such a lovely day but the restaurant was very busy and we had not pre booked.
What we had was ok but the grilled vegetables (aubergine and courgette) was meagre and must have been grilled with a matchstick. The fried potatoes resembled warmed crisps. The mussels and clam starter was very nice and the main fish was good. Service was also good.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 6 October 2016

Misto Mare Crudo was a new experience and every bite was delicious. Linguini with calamaretti and botarga was very tasty.

Date of visit: September 2016
4  Thank Richard D
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

We had been recommended this place, so stopped for lunch at this seaside restaurant called La Banchina. I got all excited when I saw Bacalau on the menu, so ordered that - but unfortunately it was just a very tiny portion of deliciousness - so then had to order a seafood salad to top it up! My husband had mussels and clams, which came in seperate plates of generous size - not like my fish pie! The staff were most attentive and helpful - especially with our lack of Italian! A great lunch and we would highly recommend coming here to enjoy good food, sitting in the sun and people watching.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Takapuna
Reviewed 30 May 2016

We were taken here by friends who know the city well. There location is perfect with tables overlooking the port filled with fishing boats and yachts. The service was precise and very polite (and patient with our broken Italian). Our hosts started us off with a seafood antipasti, which consisted of never-ending dishes of the local seafood prepared in multiple ways. There were fish and shellfish that were unknown to me and some that I thought I would never taste. However, the level of preparation was so high that I could not stop eating. AND then came the pasta!!! I had pasta with vongole (clams) and somehow managed to eat that also. This was a 2 hour meal and so typical of the region. Fantastic!!! Lunch for 10 people with multiple bottles of wine and water, and dessert/coffee came to about 400E. Worth every penny.

Date of visit: May 2016