“Could be worst! I would stay somewhere else”

Cambridge Gateway Inn
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Cambridge
Pocono Manor, Pennsylvania
“Could be worst! I would stay somewhere else”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Guy at the desk was nice BUT...... my sheets were so dirty that I had to get clean ones and put them on myself. People working there were nice BUT bathroom was so EWWWW and the towels had a gray color to them. Did check for bedbugs didn't see any.The carpet was coming away from the walls and my blanket had burns all over them.One night if you have to. GOOD LUCK

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank L B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 January 2012

In all of my life I must say I have never stayed in a motel as diplorable as this one! There were cigarette holes in the carpet, bed sheets and shower curtains. I wanted to take a Clorox bath when I left this place. This is definetly not a hotel for families. This is a by the hour type of motel. The staff, including the owner of this joint were disrespectful and unprofessional. They refused to clean my room even after I insisted that the toilet basin was sticky and my shoes were sticking the bathroom floor! There were stains on the mattresses, carpets,and chairs. There were people coming in off the street all hours of the night and entering rooms where there was loud noise. I even saw a man in the hall in a towel!!! If you are traveling with children---don't stay at this motel if you care for their health and safety. If you are looking for a crack motel than this would be a great place to stay, otherwise stay at the YMCA

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank betty t

Travellers are raving about these Cambridge hotels

MA
Reviewed 8 January 2012

My family stayed in this DUMP for one night only. The smell of smoke filled the lobby. Which correct me if I'm wrong, according to MA law, smoking in a public place is illegal. The room we were given didn't accommodate the family. There were burns in the carpet, sheets and mattresses. The staff is unprofessional and RUDE!! But that is no surprise because the OWNER TONY MARTINETTI is an A as well!! This is not a family hotel. There was noise all night long. The conversations the family heard among those that clearly lived in this piece of crap was despicable!! (ie.. how easy the girls are.) The police Dept. should raid every single room!!!! This place should be shut down!!! anyone with a sense of decency would not stay here. This is a disgusting, Crack Motel Dive! Run Away!! Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect 100 Dollars, Don't You Even Dare Touch The Damn Door, Just Turn and RUN!!

Room Tip: None!! Stay Away!!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
South Africa
Reviewed 8 November 2011

This place is really gross. I was too scared to walk without my socks on in fear of what might jump out of the carpet. Bedbugs yuk!! I slept on top of the bed with the bathroom towl over me. When I went down for coffee at the reception desk I was terrified as the other really scanky patron were all standing in the passage making remarks and trying to chat me up. The patrons there on the Friday night were partying up a storrm and doors were banging and people shouting at each other - it was just a nasty experience. Apparently next year it is going to get a facelift - which is quite frankly very long overdue.
I must just add that the gentleman at reception was very helpful.

Room Tip: Dont go ther would be the best choice to make!! Sorry but I have to be honest.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank harels
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 October 2011

There's a reason this is cheap for Boston. It's a low class hotel. Musty smelling room with carpeting with ridges in it (not smooth carpet). I wore socks so my bare feet didn't have to touch the floor. No AC on a fall weekend where the temp broke heat records. Why? Management turned off AC and the kid on duty didn't know how, or didn't want, to turn it on. He advised me to leave my window open. Right--single woman in ground-floor room overlooking abandoned nightclub. Sounds safe. The hotel parking lot had many many Quebec plates and lots of foreigners--nothing wrong with that, but I suspect this is listed in some bargain book. It's a decent location, close to the T. I'd say go further out of town to find a bargain hotel if you have a car. I heard them send people to eat the bowling alley next door. A shame to eat there unless you have no car and are stuck. Buyer beware. This is a run-down joint that has no effort, care or concern associated with it. I have to say this--every guest (that could speak English) that I ran into was nice and helpful and it felt like a safe experience. No, I didn't leave my window open when I wasn't awake.

Room Tip: The ground floor windows have flimsy locks. One side overlooks a bowling alley, the other side over...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank covertheearth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
1.4 km away
7.1 km away
Kimpton Marlowe Hotel
Kimpton Marlowe Hotel
#2 of 20 in Cambridge

Been to Cambridge Gateway Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK