All reviews whole foods shampoo and conditioner fire pit alewife subway station panera bread starbucks attached funky bathroom outdoor garden summer shack dunkin donuts trader joe s cool hotel free shuttle to harvard square great shower coffee pot room fridge room price
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Freepoint was a great choice for a "working" visit to Harvard. The hotel is a fun, retro-renovation with a young, smiling, helpful staff.

When I walked into my room, I laughed. It was 3 times the size of my room in London. The huge bathroom could have fit a single bed in addition to the tub-shower, sink and toilet. It has a refrigerator and safe but no coffee pot.

I stayed for 3 nights on the 4th floor. They gave me the room furthest away from the elevator. Despite the train that passed, I heard nothing.

One aspect of the room I loved was the windows actually open so I could get some fresh air. And the double blinds kept the room completely dark for perfect sleeping.

The surrounding neighbor lacks any charm but it is convenient. The Fresh Pond trail is across the road for nice outside walking/running. There is a full Starbucks on the ground floor that opens at 5am. Whole Foods is next door in the Fresh Pond Mall. Trader Joe's, CVS and Chipotle is across the street. Jasper Whites' Summer Shack, award winning, seafood restaurant is a 10-minute walk away. And Harvard is a 20-minute walk through a residential neighborhood. You can park your car in the hotel lot and, if the weather is nice, venture a bit further to the Charles River.

Super convenient, comfortable and a reasonable cost.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank EvaTheDragon
FreepointHotelGM, General Manager at Freepoint Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Good evening Eva,
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay while visiting Harvard. We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

First time to the area and I was glad to find this place last minute. It’s a short subway ride to downtown Boston and they have a shuttle to the subway or you could walk a short half mile to the closer entrance. It’s a nice trendy place. With actual full-size bottles of shampoo and conditioner! Sidney at the bar for morning breakfast made for great conversation and lots of tips about Boston. The shuttle drivers were courteous as well. Front desk helpful when you could get through. They may be a bit understaffed in that area. Would hope they would get microwaves in the rooms. I tried to have something heated and was told there is none in the bar kitchen or at the desk but they have them available for in the rooms??? Parking is $16 a day which is crazy considering the room price. Thankfully, they waived the fee for our two day stay. Another great perk! Saved about $300 staying up here and would do it again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will return.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel has a very comfortable, spacious, contemporary setup throughout the lobby, including outdoor space with a fire pit, pool tables, plenty of laptop friendly tables, and good wi fi. Proximity to public transport is decent, although the 10 minute walk to the Red Line is along a noisy highway. Harvard Square is maybe a ten minute bus ride away. The hotel itself is quiet, and next to a Whole Foods, with Trader Joe’s and CVS across the street. A Starbucks is attached to the hotel. I enjoyed the physical vibe.

But.

When I walked through the front door with my luggage, I was not greeted by two hotel employees behind the counter, rather, I was silently stared at by them. I finally had to volunteer I was here to check in, though I thought my luggage would give that away. However, even announcing this obvious fact was not enough to break the spell, and the two young ladies remained mutely staring. So I said, “Which one of you should I talk to?” The one to my left admitted that I could talk to either of them, so I talked to her and got checked in.

Long story short, Freepoint: don’t make your guests feel like trespassers when they first set foot on the property. It colors the overall perception of the visit. Had those employees, when I first walked in, simply smiled, said welcome, and asked if I was checking in (which is pretty standard from Motel 6 to the Sheraton) this would have been a five star review.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jsnethen

Hello

Thank you for the honest feedback, I am happy that you enjoyed certain aspects of your stay.
I also appreciate the constructive review of your arrival experience. This is not how we want our guest to feel as they arrive to the Freepoint. The Management and Associates will be undergoing retraining on Proper Guest Service skill.

Best,

Reviewed 28 September 2017

I wanted a nice hotel for my family that would allow us to leave the our car in the hotel parking lot and take the T into Boston. This hotel was perfect. The walk to the train station was easy on a nice day. One day we opted to take a taxi in to the city and it was super easy to arrange. The Whole Foods next door was an easy walk for a quick dinner before we walked to the movie theater one evening. A very easy walk from the hotel with a 9 year old and a 5 year old. Another easy walk to Dunkin Donuts one morning for breakfast for the kids. Attentive staff who answered many questions as it was our first time staying in Cambridge. A very clean hotel with a most attentive staff.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
FreepointHotelGM, General Manager at Freepoint Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Good morning

Thank you again for choosing the Freepoint during your visit to our city. I am happy to read that the location worked very well for you and your family. We hope to have you visit us again soon.

Enjoy the weekend,

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at the fully renovated Freepoint. Sabrina gave us a friendly welcome on arrival and Jennifer provided us helpful advice on how to get around and what to visit. The hotel runs a very convenient, scheduled shuttle to nearby train stations and will pick you up at the train too. The closest train station (red line) is only a short (6 minute) walk away and connected us to everything we wanted to see (Downtown, Harvard, Fenway, etc). There is a Starbucks on site and a nice breakfast for order in the hotel. There are also other eating options within a one block walk (Chipotle, Whole Foods, Dunkin' Donuts). I would stay again!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Hello Nicole,
It was a pleasure assisting you while you were a guest of ours. Thank you for the great feedback, and I hope you will stay with us again.

Best,